Favourite YouTube Anglers?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I hope videos don't slow down over winter as I need to get my fishing video fix. Who are your favourite anglers on YouTube?

I particularly like Rikki Richards videos and the calm brummie way he explains things as well as doing a variety of fishing to a high standard.

Then there are the usuals, James Robbins, Jon Arthur, Dave Roberts and the forums own Halton Dangler.

ryrobbo

The Ginger Fisherman, Halton Dangler, Avon Angling UK and TA Fishing are my faves currently.

Really into barbel fishing at the minute so will pretty much watch anything after searching "barbel river ribble", "barbel river trent", "barbel river severn" etc

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I will often type 'Barbel Severn' in there too and it sometimes throws up some good videos under recently uploaded. (y)

Almost forgot Mark Wintle who posts on here too.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Blimey I’ve got into loads through working from home a lot this year. YouTube fishing is a perfect replacement for background office noise and sights 😅

Off the top of my head in no particular order I like Danny, jon arthur, mark wintle and James robbins as you say then also Rob Wooton, Nic Bradley, Steve cowley, Matt godfrey, mark pollard, Bob nudd, Rory Jones, des ship, Lee kerry, darren cox, Alan scotthorne, Tom scholey, Dave roberts, joe carras, Brent schirmer, Joshua Taylor, thonny, Mike Anderson, George gozdz, CA richardson, George poveromo, JC, Lawson lindsay, Justin menendez, Blair wiggins, Jon locker, mark williams, Carl and Alex, Tom Rowlands and rich Tudor. Loads more but those are the ones I can both think of and know the actual names of.

rd115

The Touch ™
Site Supporter
I've kinda stopped watching fishing videos, used to watch as a way of learning new things when i first started back up a few years ago but i like to go my own way now i've got the basics down.

I will probably start reading some good fishing books though, really need to get back into reading.

Browner

Site Supporter
Jon Arthur is very good on camera thou not mine kind of fishing sometimes. I also really like Avon Angling UK. I think the guy is called Nick. His fishing is similar to mine. Small rivers, chub and roach on bread. Short rods and simple tackle.
Love the Dickie Carr videos, the mans a legend and of course the great JW.

DFL

Site Supporter
Although I fish more coarse than sea fishing it's a couple of creators of the latter that top my list, The Fishlocker and Slippy Limpets.

He doesn't make many sadly but Artificial Flight to me epitomises freshwater fishing.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Watched about a million videos about commercial match fishing this year 😂😂

Favourites are (in no particular order) Winning Ways (including WW Extra), Jon Arthur, Jamie Harrison, Bag Up TV, Match Fishing Masterclass (when it’s Rikki Richards) and anything with Andy Bennet or Steve Ringer.

Notable others are Average Angler, Paul Wilkinson, Mark Pollard and Ben Townsend (especially when they’re at Rookery Waters), Fish On TV (although he can be a bit annoying at times) and Fenland Fishing Takes from the Tackle Shop (Rookery Waters specific).

Can’t stand Rob Wooton unless it’s a subject I’m trying to learn about, same with Matt Godfrey and Frankie whateverhisnameis.

Always looking for new suggestions…..

tincatim

Site Supporter
I agree with @DFL, Artificial Flight is a brilliant channel, I love his videos.

I watch a lot of fishing on YT. Some of my favourites include:

Yorkshire River Rover - he fishes the same rivers as me.

Bag Up TV - match oriented but on venues local to me that I’ve either fished or want to fish.

Match Fishing Films - I quite like Joe Carass, he presents well and fished a good variety of venues and methods.

Andrew’s Knots - this guy is an excellent all round angler, good quality videos.

Tackle GuruTV - I quite like Matt Godfrey, plus he fishes venues local to me occasionally.

Catch Fishing Channel - Jamie makes some great content and fishes venues local to me sometimes.

Cadence - I’ve always enjoyed James Robbins’ content, ever since his Shakespeare videos.

Carl and Alex - I’ve followed these lads since they were young, it’s great to see them doing so well and producing high quality content.

Honourable mentions for Rob Wooton, Drennan, Matrix, Avon Angling, Jon Arthur, The Edge and many more.

We’re blessed to have access to so much content so easily available.

derwentboy

Site Supporter
For canal fishing Dave Brown Fishing (who I think won the individual National this year?) takes some beating and has given me a really good extra insight into canal fishing, I really look forward to his live match videos and the commentary and see how he reacts to a peg on the day.
There's plenty of others, John Arthur who does give such a range of fishing on his channel, Halton Dangler and also Joe Carass with his winter vlog this year...I must say that it's easier to watch someone with a sense of humour and can take the mickey out of themselves. Some people are a lot better to camera than others.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Jamie Harrison. His feeder guides are something to behold. I hope the Mrs see's this post...Darling, a day's tuition with Jamie Please?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Love watching Devon Lerfer - LRF sea angling plus he does canals, thoroughly enjoyable