Favourite winter groundbaits

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Any favourite winter groundbait mixes? For any situation...

I'm fishing a venue that only allows Sonubaits or Angling Bait Company groundbaits for F1s, Carp, Bream and so on.

This is my mix. 50/50

Sonubaits Sweet F1 Green.

f1green.jpg

This is a pungent fishmeal groundbait with added sweetness. Makes a great base to the mix but I think being fishmeal it's a bit food heavy on its own, so I mix it 50/50 with Sonubaits Supercrumb Black Lake,

lake.jpg

A versatile dark mix containing breadcrumb, cereals and spices. This darkens the mix slightly and also thins it out.
I mix in half a pint of flouro pinkies, a tin of sweetcorn and a bag of fishery micro pellets on the bank. The result is a nice active mix, not too high on food content, you can see it fizzing when using, and seems to attract a good amount of my target species.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Can't say I think too much about it I tend to use the same year round just less of it. I prefer those meant for silvers particularly the sweeter smelling ones of sort of medium darkness containing crushed particles then I mixed in hemp and maggots. Dynamite is probably my most frequently used brand but happy to use sensas and van den eynde as well.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I tend to use more groundbait for Carp in winter due to fishing the tip more. The F1 Green is really pungent. Another favourite for Winter is Sensas Black for the Canal. In Summer I'm more likely to pull out the sweet ones like Sensas Bream/Lake for my Bream fishing. Barbel fishing I did very well with a crushed Hemp mix.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Worm sounds deadly, going to have to order some as never see it in my tackle shop!

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Worm sounds deadly, going to have to order some as never see it in my tackle shop!
Think I may have posted before but worm won me 6 matches in a summer league on the keadby canal x2, trent, bargate drain, aire and calder canal and a local stillwater. On the canals it was mixed with sensas lake and the trent with marine halibut. The main ingedient was sonubaits worm.