Favourite recipes

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
PM me recipe mate if ya dont mind (y)
I've been a chef 34 years, no recipes needed 🧠

Fry your stewing beef with onion and garlic, add spices. In a separate pan boil a full Spanish onion. Liquidise the whole onion with the water. Add this to the meat. Add vegetables. Add can of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Add salt and sugar. Add chopped parsley and chopped coriander. Slow cook.

In a bowl add 500g flour, 125g suet, 125g cubed paneer cheese, salt, and enough water to bind. Form into balls.

Once stew almost cooked add the dumplings and a lid and cook for final 30 minutes until soft and fluffy 👌🏻

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
French onion soup for dinner. With a tray of oven baked onion petals, cubed tiger bread, and covered with grated mature cheddar 👌🏻

Attachments

• French-Onion-Soup3.jpg
    French-Onion-Soup3.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 2
  • French-Onion-Soup1.jpg
    French-Onion-Soup1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 2

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I like the “old school” stuff, I’ve got a great recipe for bread pudding 👍plus I like ones you can “freestyle” like “Bubble and Squeek” etc ...

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Love bread pudding ,youl have to put some recipes up Gaza 👍
I like the “old school” stuff, I’ve got a great recipe for bread pudding 👍plus I like ones you can “freestyle” like “Bubble and Squeek” etc ...

robert d

Site Supporter
I like old simple recipes with a twist ,heres one simple baked potatoes with my twist, 6 large potatoes washed well and dried, next add some extra virgin oil to a tray and sea salt ,rub the potatoes all over then add to a hot oven and cook for about an hour to an hour and a half depending on size. Whilst thats cooking chop 2 to 3 large onions into small dice and about 6 cloves of garlic ,fry the garlic for a few minutes in half a block of best salted butter then add the onions and fry (sautéed ) to be posh lol until soft. Add about a 1lb of thinly sliced bacon and cook until we'll done . Next add about half a pound of mature grated cheese and stir in until all melted and mixed in well. I then add 2 to 3 large spoons of turmeric and mix in well. When the potatoes are well cooked ( i like king edwards ) let them cool a little then slice in half ,spoon out all of the potatoes into a pan and add a few large spoons of butter and mash together getting all the lumps out ,then mix in the onion bacon and garlic ,then spoon the mix back into the potatoes skins ,cover with more grated cheese and sprinkle with paprika ,return to the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and dribbling over the skins , i like to put them under the grill for a few minutes after to slightly char some of the cheese . I serve these with a greek salad and a few slices of ham. Enjoy

robert d

Site Supporter
I like old simple recipes with a twist ,heres one simple baked potatoes with my twist, 6 large potatoes washed well and dried, next add some extra virgin oil to a tray and sea salt ,rub the potatoes all over then add to a hot oven and cook for about an hour to an hour and a half depending on size. Whilst thats cooking chop 2 to 3 large onions into small dice and about 6 cloves of garlic ,fry the garlic for a few minutes in half a block of best salted butter then add the onions and fry (sautéed ) to be posh lol until soft. Add about a 1lb of thinly sliced bacon and cook until we'll done . Next add about half a pound of mature grated cheese and stir in until all melted and mixed in well. I then add 2 to 3 large spoons of turmeric and mix in well. When the potatoes are well cooked ( i like king edwards ) let them cool a little then slice in half ,spoon out all of the potatoes into a pan and add a few large spoons of butter and mash together getting all the lumps out ,then mix in the onion bacon and garlic ,then spoon the mix back into the potatoes skins ,cover with more grated cheese and sprinkle with paprika ,return to the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and dribbling over the skins , i like to put them under the grill for a few minutes after to slightly char some of the cheese . I serve these with a greek salad and a few slices of ham. Enjoy
At one time years ago i wanted to sell this recipe to one of the giants in the food industry as everyone who has tried them so far falls in love 😍 with the taste . I got the idea first from TGI Fridays after trying their spicy potato skins but i wanted the filling in them to ,im greedy lol

robert d

Site Supporter
Waiting on the bread pudding recipe lol, my grandmother used to do one that heavy and tasty i couldnt get enough down me ,it was delicious

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Waiting on the bread pudding recipe lol, my grandmother used to do one that heavy and tasty i couldnt get enough down me ,it was delicious
Well I can tell you the ingredients, but my actual recipe with quantities is in my own personal recipe book at work, so when I’m back , I’ll take a snapshot of it and pm to you 👍👍

robert d

Site Supporter
Well I can tell you the ingredients, but my actual recipe with quantities is in my own personal recipe book at work, so when I’m back , I’ll take a snapshot of it and pm to you 👍👍
Cheers Gazza