Favourite recipes

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
One of my favorites is spicy stew ,i start with garlic about 4 or 5 cloves in butter sautéed then add 3 onions sliced thinly sautéed with the garlic ,i then add about 500 grams of smoked bacon cut thinly and about 1 half pound of nice stewing beef and cook on high until browned nicely. I then add half of savoy cabbage sliced thinly ,4 carrots ,a sweed ,a few parsnips all chopped thickly ,some peas ,some potatoes a few very finely cut hot chilli salt and ground black pepper to taste ,i add a few oxo cubes or beef stock ,i top off with filtered water and a packet of minestrone mixed in water well before adding to the mix ,bring to the boil then simmer all day ,finally adding a good few dumplings .

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
1 1/2 lb of lambs liver, 6 lincolnshire sausages and 4 large onions. Toss the liver (after trimming) in seasoned flour and leave in fridge for one hour. Then brown the sausages and fry the liver just enough to seal it. Line the base of baking tin with sliced onion, lay on the sausage and liver and cover with the rest of the onions. Pour over sufficient gravy to cover the whole lot and put in the oven at 160. After an hour keep checking every 10 minutes by trying to cut a piece of the liver with a fork. Once the fork goes through it easily serve with mashed spuds and a strong green veg.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
1 1/2 lb of lambs liver, 6 lincolnshire sausages and 4 large onions. Toss the liver (after trimming) in seasoned flour and leave in fridge for one hour. Then brown the sausages and fry the liver just enough to seal it. Line the base of baking tin with sliced onion, lay on the sausage and liver and cover with the rest of the onions. Pour over sufficient gravy to cover the whole lot and put in the oven at 160. After an hour keep checking every 10 minutes by trying to cut a piece of the liver with a fork. Once the fork goes through it easily serve with mashed spuds and a strong green veg.
Trying that one 👍

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
Lamb stew, with the usual veg and Pearl Barley, but to make the gravy warming - a good Tbsp of Tikka Masala Powder.

Also empty (into it!) any "remains" of the cans/glasses I'm drinking during the 3-4 hr cooking time!

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Sounds delicious, i think liver and onion gravy is the dogs danglies mmmmmmm. Must try that recipe 😋 😉

Marker50

Site Supporter
Wife cooks this but as bacon in also.
Crispy top dumplins in .
Love it.having one day this week

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Wife cooks this but as bacon in also.
Crispy top dumplins in .
Love it.having one day this week
Never considered dumplings and bacon. A great meal has just been improved, I will try it next time I cook👍👍👍

TonyA

Site Supporter
One of my favorites is spicy stew ,i start with garlic about 4 or 5 cloves in butter sautéed then add 3 onions sliced thinly sautéed with the garlic ,i then add about 500 grams of smoked bacon cut thinly and about 1 half pound of nice stewing beef and cook on high until browned nicely. I then add half of savoy cabbage sliced thinly ,4 carrots ,a sweed ,a few parsnips all chopped thickly ,some peas ,some potatoes a few very finely cut hot chilli salt and ground black pepper to taste ,i add a few oxo cubes or beef stock ,i top off with filtered water and a packet of minestrone mixed in water well before adding to the mix ,bring to the boil then simmer all day ,finally adding a good few dumplings .
How many does that feed?