Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can''t stand the stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
My little un Saffron makes me laugh when we go for a curry. We have our regular resteraunt and in fairness without any bias Saffron is a very pleasant and well mannered little kid and they like her a lot in there and do tend to spoil her.
She eats a madras with the ease of a bowl of cornflakes and loves it.
Its her favourite night out.

big blanker

cinders
got to be curried goat, my wifes mate has got it perfected and she always makes it for me. just dont tell the wife that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach

T K

Bum Draw Master
Chicken Ceylon for me - hot and sour
Don't see it on many menu's but wherever I go they'll always knock me one up

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin
Depends on the time of day.

Breakfast: I like a nice aloo paratha or two with lime pickle and plain curd.

Lunch: Has to be black daal and chappati.

Dinner: Maybe chicken sagwala or mutton (goat) again with chappati and maybe boondi raita with a side plate of green salad (onion, lime and chillis).

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Chicken Murghi i think its called and has a boiled egg in it which is bloody lovely! Nearly all dishes in most indians are not indian food, closest most get is buttered chicken!

lurkio

A little dab'll do
quote:Originally posted by gingert76

Chicken Murghi i think its called and has a boiled egg in it which is bloody lovely!

IIRC murgh (murghi) means 'chicken'. Do you get two chickens in chicken murghi ? [:D]

This is my local Indian Restaurant (http://www.thejewelofindia.co.uk/menu.htm), unusually, their deliveries are quite good too. With most there is a large gulf in quality between what you get 'in house' and what you get delivered.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
true lurkio though mine is 30 seconds from where i live and they have a great beer called bangla which i cannot find to buy in the UK which is doing my head in so if anyone knows where i can purchase it then let me know!!!!!!

lurkio

A little dab'll do
I thought this place might be able to sort your beer, but it seems they don't have it. I am rather surprised.

They have Bengal though, which is spelt using nearly the same letters so my taste similar. [:D]

I've had many different sorts of beers from them in the past. I usually order a large slection at Christmas.

Don't be misled by their name, they are more 'beers of the whole world' than 'beers of europe'.

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/acatalog/

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Eureka !!!

They do have it.

It is Bangladeshi, not Indian - I guess I should have realised. [:D]

Seems reasonable too. 25.38 for a case of 24 bottles.

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/acatalog/Beers_of_Europe__Bangladeshi_Beer_160.html

Last edited:

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
you are a god and i worship the ground you walk on!!!! if you want to try a new beer/lager then this is def one and it is superb with curries! they charge 4.50 a bottle in the indian!

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Glad to be of service fella.

Unfortunately, it seems to be temporarily out of stock. They do the 330ml and 660ml bottles.

Even if you're paying 4-50 for the 660ml they are still sticking on a healthy mark up on those prices, about 110% on Beers Of Europe price.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
already sent them a email matey and asked if i can det a discount on 3-4 cases lol!

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Cool.

Hope they can help you out.

Like I said, I've used them a few times and never a problem. Prompt delivery and well packaged to save breakages.

Carp-Freeek

' Shorty '
when i go an indian resturaunt i normally have

poppadoms with dips etc

for main I have always lamb
rogan josh, jalfrezi or madras, I also like balti now and then, plain rice with garlic naan and a jug of water and ice.

for afters I have those coconut ice cream things that you have to stick a red hot poker in to stick the spoon into!

and those hot towels at the end take away the need for a shower when i get it. :p

just noticed the ads at the bottom :p

Chicken Korma online. 48 hours delivery
and pork scratching funnily enough o_O

long rod

tomo
lamb rogan josh, poppadoms and pickle tray, pilau rice, keema nan...............burp !

philhezzy

king prawn madras, pilau rice, chips and keema nann washed down was a bottle of cobra beer mmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.