Far too hot for working 🔥

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
21 max temperature forecast for next 2 weeks up Newcastle
1st week of August. 18 degrees
Really is grim up north isn’t it 😂

Doubt we’ve had a day under 20 since summer finally arrived late this year at the back end of May and doubt we’ll get any more such days til late September.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Really is grim up north isn’t it 😂

Doubt we’ve had a day under 20 since summer finally arrived late this year at the back end of May and doubt we’ll get any more such days til late September.
20 will do me. 20 and sunny be perfect But as I speak it’s 25 in house🙈. To hot.
21 London way beginning of August so they say. Then everyone be saying we had a poor summer

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
20 will do me. 20 and sunny be perfect But as I speak it’s 25 in house🙈. To hot.
21 London way beginning of August so they say. Then everyone be saying we had a poor summer
Yeah tbf it’s almost perfect I’m happy anywhere between 20-25.

It’s certainly been a bit of an iffy summer here. For starters it was a good 3-4 weeks late was almost June before we started seeing 20 plus after most of May was way wetter and colder than it’s supposed to be. And even since it’s warmed up most of June was very wet and windy although can’t really complain about July so far though it’s been very summery. On the plus side after all the rain followed by the warm the rivers and vegetation are nice and healthy.

MrBen

Site Supporter
I’ve been in God’s workshop all week, hopefully new building finished so we can use it next week, floors painted and the ramps are in. I’ve been dripping for days.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just spent the better part of the day, applying Cuprinol timber treatment to the various rough sawn posts and battens for the new fencing for the garden

brilliant drying day, done all one side and one edge of the battens first, stood em up and let them dry in the full sun, then the same on two sides of the posts, by the time that was done the batten was dry, ready for the other side and edge, finished them then started on the other two sides of the posts

a tad over 5 litres of cupriinol used, my wrist aches, rough sawn is a sod to tosh over and I really really need a shower, arry armpit rules ok,

drank 3 cups of coffee and around 2.5 litres lemon barley squash, still feel dehydrated, its been warm, very warm here on the Saxon Shore

Pompous git

Site Supporter
In a couple of months it will be back to dreary cold weather, no sitting in the garden or sitting on the beach and all the
crumpet will be covered up. Enjoy it while you can I say, I wish summer lasted a bit longer.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The heat must have got to my head today as I could have sworn blind it was Wednesday :eek:

I was planning the next couple of days when my phone calendar pinged to remind me of something this evening - Thursday

Grouting one of the bathrooms today it was that hot and humid even with a fan on, I ended up stripped down to my shorts and boots .... got a photo to show it happened if anyone is desperate to see it :D

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Got to 30 again here in the end. Needed a shower after going to the pub for the second time this week! Ridiculous to sweat so much just sat still.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
The heat must have got to my head today as I could have sworn blind it was Wednesday :eek:

I was planning the next couple of days when my phone calendar pinged to remind me of something this evening - Thursday

Grouting one of the bathrooms today it was that hot and humid even with a fan on, I ended up stripped down to my shorts and boots .... got a photo to show it happened if anyone is desperate to see it :D
Top Shorts or Under Shorts ?

The Ebro, blue kecks shot still haunts me !

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter

I can’t see anyone being that desperate.😳😳😳

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Feels milder today, bearable. Said to my dad we could go Barbel fishing this evening but we decided the river won't be right yet and to wait until next week. Shame as it would be a perfect evening to sit by the river.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
First day of hols and quietly prepping for the drive tomorrow glad of the temperature drop - went to Neville at 6:00am not to fish but to check it out as a pair of relatively new lakes on a housing development a few miles away (Holborough) have massive issues with parasites and large numbers of fish deaths from excessive ammonia (the lakes aren’t officially stocked) so I was concerned.

Much cooler, no dead fish or distressed fish, took a multitude of water samples from all around the lake and they all tested normal for chemistry.

Some monster lips rising to a few chum mixers I flicked out - that will be fun when we get back ;)

This is how bad the Holborough problem is :

and the last thing we need is misguided “saviours” putting diseased fish into a healthy water like Neville although it‘s probably where a fair few of those commons came from in the first place.

The Runner

Site Supporter
23 or 24 up here today, not used to it hereabouts. Had intended an overnight trip out to a spurdog mark near Idrigill but didn’t fancy the two hour plus walk with tackle, tent and sleeping bag as would be having to do it around now in the hottest part of the day to catch the tide right. So it’s just going to be a leisurely stroll along the cliffs today to look for the eagles, and a day after the pollack tomorrow.