Far too hot for working 🔥

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Two bathrooms to tile and it's 21 in here already....

2021-07-2109.12.153460024380366061594.jpg

Floor to go down now, all cuts done, it's a good job I've got my second best tool with me ....

2021-07-2109.15.271777431180425871892.jpg

And in case you're wondering what my best tool is (no not Munchie 😀), here it is ....

2021-07-2109.18.382953648969759045041.jpg

...on wards and upwards, soon be 4.30pm 😉

Arch

Site Supporter
We're out in it all week. Stuck behind a hedge, no breeze, full PPE in dark blue. Sweating the proverbials off.

We bought an air conditioning unit last year and it's been a godsend, not just for us, but also our old dog, who suffers in the heat.

Fireblade929

Site Supporter
I'm meant to be getting CT scanned in central London today, just had an email saying don't leave yet we're calling you shortly..... worst case scenario an unplanned day at the lake.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Working on a school building in stokesley doing the curtain walling, heats just about unbearable bouncing off the walls and glass units, drinking 2 or 3 litres of fluid a day and only 1 pee, not comfortable at all

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Lightweights

Spent two years working in aluminium die and lost wax casting.
Average building temps were mid-40s and 56 in the foundries.

All shift had to wear burn splatter suit,hat and safety glasses.

Nothing but respect for steel workers and foundry workers doing it every day.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Working from home and yesterday the office room was like a sauna, trying a different technique today, when it was cool I closed the door and the curtains seems to be working so far as it seems to have maintained the cooler temp as other rooms in the house seem much warmer....not much of a view though

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’m quite lucky as working from at the moment in a room that doesn’t get hot til about 3 so there’s only a couple hours to endure then. When I’m at work the nice conditioned office makes the heat irrelevant but when I have to pop down into the workshops or warehouse it’s hellishly hot.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Also working from home, however the heat is not what’s doing my swede in, I’ve got a decent fan that does the job.

It’s the little people who live over the back of us and spend every day in the paddling pool from 8am- 6pm, literally screaming all day. So far the record for a period without one of them crying cos the other one pushed them, or splashed them, or looked at them, is around 6 minutes. Most of the time it sounds like murder is being committed, over and over again.

Im not sure I can survive 6 weeks of this, I hope the weather turns soon. Come on the rain.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
She'll have a bigger surprise ...... I might get to finish the tiling today 🤣

It's that warm the adhesive is going off faster than I can use it, head going, sat in pickup with aircon on whilst I cool down