Fantasy Football 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

misfit

hi all, well the new season will soon be upon us so i thought i would start this thread off now and see if we can get a few more playing[:T]

the premier league site isnt open yet but i will put a post up with the log in details as soon as it opens its doors so we can all start setting up our teams, and mecca can get practising his transfer technique [:T]

usual rules apply(see below)

Have a read below and follow the instructions, any questions please feel free to ask

You will only be considered playing MDs fantasy footie if you appear in the league AND have posted the required info on this thread. If You dont post what team you have entered You will be removed from the league

If, after reading this whole post, you would like to join in, then please reply to this thread giving TWO bits of info:

1. Which category you will be playing in (Fun or Money)
2. Your chosen team name (as it's sometimes hard to tie up MD username with teams)

The maggotdrowning rules:

1. under-18s on MDs must play in the 'just for fun' category along with most other people.

2. You will have had to be an MD member on 1st July 2012 to join in.

3. If you get your account locked temporarily, or are banned from the site during the Fantasy Football period, you will also be removed from the FF league. Any donation you have made will not be returned, however I will return your fiver if you have paid into the prize fund

CATEGORIES

Fun
Playing for the prestige of beating your fellow MDs, think of the bragging rights you will have over your mates on here when you beat the :)

Money
Pay 5 into the prize fund, which makes you eligible for a cash prize
Prizes will depend on the number of fivers in the pot, we won't know the size of the pot until entry closes.
Typical prizes would be 1st 50, 2nd 20, 3rd 10 (if 16 people are playing for money)

Payment: I will PM everyone who wants to play for money, giving the address to send a cheque and my email for payments via paypal
I will need to receive your money by 15th August or you will unfortunately have to play for fun only

HOW TO JOIN

To join up:

Read the rules.

The way the scoring works will determine how you should spend your money, so you need to understand how players score points.

Go to Fantasy premier league

1 register (note password restrictions) or confirm existing registration
2 select your team name, team kit and players
3 submit your team
4 click 'Leagues' link on the right
5 Enter the code *****-**** in full (including the hyphen) (if not already in the league)

You are now a member of the Maggotdrowning league.
You can put in a draft team and change as many times as you want before the season starts.

PLEASE REMEMBER

If you are less than 18 years old on 18th August 2011, you cannot play in the money category
Please post your details on this thread with your team name and category.
If you are paying by Paypal, you may need to add the extra for fees - I will contact you by PM with details if you post that you are playing for money.
I will also accept cheques or cash by post but You will be posting at your own risk

DONATIONS

You can join in for nothing, nowt, bugger-all, zilch

However, as you will be having fun thanks to Maggotdrowning, if you would like to make a donation then this will go toward the running costs of the site and it would be much appreciated.

Two ways to do it:

Paypal directly to the site using this link Donate here and mention fantasy football in the notes

OR, add a little to your 5 if you are playing for cash, and I'll collect it all up and pay on your behalf.
Dont worry about only paying 1 as if 40 people play, 40 is a worthwhile extra contribution

Good luck and any questions or problems, please ask [:T]

Please note, fantasy premier site is not open yet so this is just for names at the moment [:T]

misfit

Originally posted by mecca

Originally posted by NoFinPhish

Bristol Cities, playing for wonga!

He's found some new cheats [:D]

thats ok, if he gets too far in front ill delete him from the league "accidentally" of course [:T][:D]

misfit

got a lifejacket here with your name on it already mecca, just shout when you need it [:D][:T]

mecca

Another smoggy
Just hope i don't draw Iceberg FC in the cup [:D]

I'm already putting my 5 note through counselling.

He knows he isn't coming back, its taken 6 weeks but he's now OK with it, he understands.

I told him it's a mandatory conscription, and all 5 notes have to do it. [:D]

I'm welling up talking about it TBH, it's never easy letting them go.

I used to be sane!!!!![:W]

Originally posted by misfit

and mecca can get practising his transfer technique [:T]

My technique is to make at least 2 unnecessary subs per week, and to try and leave my best points scorers on the bench.

Always try and keep your captain on the subs bench, that way he can offer advice to the manager!!!!

I'm giving far too many secrets away here, No wonder i never win[xx(]

Last edited:

misfit

you are giving Jason an unnecessary advantage [:0][:p]

dont worry your fiver will be well looked after in the five and over club [:D]

mecca

Another smoggy
Originally posted by misfit

you are giving Jason an unnecessary advantage [:0][:p]

dont worry your fiver will be well looked after in the five and over club [:D]

Thanks i feel better knowing he will be amongst others like him [:D]

in jasons bloody wallet [xx(][V]