fancy signing a petition?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
To help a community keep their homes, and not just to help people screw over the man who owns more of the UK than anyone else (including the crown estates!)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It sounds a worthwhile cause/petition - signed

rudd

Site Supporter
Must be really poor residents given that properties are in Belgravia!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Must be really poor residents given that properties are in Belgravia!

Oh right, so because they can afford to rent somewhere in Belgravia it's ok that they are going to be made homeless.

I don't know about other areas but a social housing flat in Stafford (we don't have council housing) costs just under £600 a month, and that's in one of the rundown high crime areas full of druggie squats, houses are a lot more all social housing are 6 month contracts with no guarantee of contract renewal.

My lad lives in a 3rd floor 2 bedroom flat with his mrs and 2 kids, they pay £728 a month because they gave up bidding on social housing after 2 years.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Oh right, so because they can afford to rent somewhere in Belgravia it's ok that they are going to be made homeless.

I don't know about other areas but a social housing flat in Stafford (we don't have council housing) costs just under £600 a month, and that's in one of the rundown high crime areas full of druggie squats, houses are a lot more all social housing are 6 month contracts with no guarantee of contract renewal.

My lad lives in a 3rd floor 2 bedroom flat with his mrs and 2 kids, they pay £728 a month because they gave up bidding on social housing after 2 years.
Bidding Trogg ? What's that ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
In Stafford you have to bid on social housing mate, not like the good old days of the waiting list, now you have to bid to get a property
Bid ? As in you tell them how much rent your willing to pay ? Excuse my ignorance Trogg. I've never heard of bidding for social housing. I thought you just put your name down and waited.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
no mate, when a property becomes available you have to get your name down quick, list how many people, ages etc, any special needs, if you are working or on benefit etc..... and if you are succesful they let you know you won the bidding.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
no mate, when a property becomes available you have to get your name down quick, list how many people, ages etc, any special needs, if you are working or on benefit etc..... and if you are succesful they let you know you won the bidding.
This world is leaving me behind. What was wrong with a waiting list ? No, don't answer that. That was far too simple and fair. I'll go crawl back under my stone now. ?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
This world is leaving me behind. What was wrong with a waiting list ? No, don't answer that. That was far too simple and fair. I'll go crawl back under my stone now. ?

The joys of private housing companies mate!

rudd

Site Supporter

There are two sides to a coin.
Its not nice that people are being forced out but we dont know the condition of internal pipe work, wireing, etc etc.
Yes there is an amount of greed showed but it may be cheaper to knock down and redevelop rather than refurbishment.

The only people safe in their houses are those who own them outright.