Fancy a session near Swansea Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

I am going to be paying a visit to my home town this week and am going to combine it with a fishing session on Saturday (25/1). Myself and Geoff P are confirmed, we were wondering if anybody else would like to join our mini impromptu fish-in?

White Springs in Pontarddulais has been nominated so far. All are welcome.

I am going to post this in the 'Going fishing' heading as well seeing as it is such short notice.

DJ.gif

Beebs

My Internet access may well be limited while I am home, so if you wish to come, please let Geoff P know, as I will be in touch with him over the next couple of days. Cheers, Steve.

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by Dai Fish

I will be there mate, see you Sat

Dai Fish

Nice one Dai. I suppose the Welsh weather will mean the umbrellas will be out.

anyexcuse

Wot,go fishin' or shoppin' - tough choice. See you sat. PM already sent.

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chris

Are you near Swansea?

White Springs has 3 lakes at present. A specimen lake with carp to high 20s, a match lake and a general course lake. The two existing trout lakes are being dug out and joined together to make another match lake (26 pegs)

I usually fish the general course lake which contains carp up to 18lb (my largest 8lb.80z), bream (3.5), tench (3), perch (1.8), roach, rudd, gudgeon, and golden orfe (1.10). You can drive literally to the pegs on the general course lake.

Four of us had a day there on 25th January, report on "Where you fished today" page 3. Not the best day ever at White Springs but it will improve towards the summer.

If you are coming down for a days fishing, expecially at weekends drop me a PM.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

chris grant

I am from Pontypridd I cant get out this weekend - the reason for asking about white springs is that I intended to give it a go a little later in the year - if I can drag myself away from Docklow - Docklow is brilliant but a bit of a treck

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Chris, I am from the Rhondda so if you fancy a day out somewhere let me know, I have not fished Docklow yet I have been meaning to but never seem to have time, are you a member of the angling club in Ponty

Dai Fish

chris grant

Hi
no I am not a member of a club - I live in Taffs well - you must know Derek Goode who I used to work with.

I have just got back into fishing after a number of years out - what got me back into it is how things have changed - I am really into this baggin up fishing for carp mainly - my ambition is to knock up a 100lb weight - thats why I Like Docklow - I have done 80 lb and only just started to really work it out - to do those weights you need it to be summer and mid week.

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Chris, you want to give Seven Oaks a try when the weather warms up a bit its a lot closser than Docklow

Dai Fish

anyexcuse

Hi Chris
I know Derek from Welsh Civil Service matches.Another fishery worth a go is Staunton Court nr Gloucester. Fished there with Derek 2 yrs ago. It's a bit cold for serious bagging yet but at least there's plenty of time for dreaming between bites of the summer to come.

Tight Lines

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

chris grant

Dai

Sevenoaks - whats the form there - I went twice 2 years ago and to be honest I didnt fish it very well - I was struggling to come to terms with this carp fishing business. Also the lake fished badly except for one or two pegs. The impression I got of the place was that it suffered from Sunday syndrome. That is it is a small water, every peg taken - feed going and the fish seemed to shut up shop.

As I say I didnt get to grips with it all - I would have a go again probably mid week sometime what advice could you give on how to fish it - it seems as though it is predominately pole - I have read articles by Giles Cochrane on fishing the place and would find Giles' light approach difficult to fish. I know Giles from years back and I remember him landing carp on the pole on the Newport waters - he is bloody good at it - its just that I couldnt handle carp on light gear that he uses, wish that I could. Giles feeds casters regularly and catches mostly shallow. What do you think - line strength, hook size and baits and feed. The other thing that I noticed which where Imay also gone wrong is that I fished too far out - others were fishing quite close

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Chris, you are right about the Sunday syndrome, there are def to many bodies there on a weekend, I much prefer going on a Monday or Tuesday when there are not many people there.

In the summer months you dont want to be fishing to far out, in fact I have caught my biggest fish from less than two feet from the bank, I dont use a pole there very often even though it is great fun when one of the hard fighting fish decide to have a pull of your elastic, (I would never use under a 12 elastic) most of my fishing is groundbait feeder or waggler, although I have had some sucsess this winter useing ledger tactics with PVA bags with pellets, hookbaits depend on the day but most things will work, at the moment corn seems to be catching most of the fish.

Anytime you fancy a day there let me know and I will meet you and have a days fishing.

Dai Fish

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
No Problem Chris, in the meantime there should be quite a few reports on Seven Oaks in the where you fished today threads starting I think from part one

Dai Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.