Families

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I have a brother in law who is vulnerable due to life long mental illness. He is now in his 60s and lives alone on benefits. My wife set up a telephone for him with Talk Talk and paid the monthly bills. He never called anyone and the only person who called him was my wife, once a week.
A few months ago, he cancelled it because he was getting nuisance sales calls and couldn't handle them, so we bought him a cheap basic PAYG mobile, put money on it and it was there for emergencies and for my wife to keep in touch.
Today I discovered that another brother has been round and told him that the mobile is no good and that he would get his landline running again with Post Office Telecom. He also told him that the connection fee was £300, which he was given. This was a couple of weeks ago.
The line is connected and my wife called him today, which is how we came to hear about it. The Post Office connection charge is £60 so it seems that the ba88ard has stolen £240 from his disabled brother. I would like to call the Police but my wife won't hear of it. Anyone like to go round and give him the good hiding, he so richly deserves? If I lived in the same country I would have been there by now. I can't remember when I was last this angry. Thieving scumbag :mad:

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Thankfully, I still have some friends from when I lived in the area and one of them is going to pop round tomorrow for a quiet word. He is ex Royal Marine Raider Squadron / SBS and I would not want him to have a quiet word with me.
I think a refund is on the cards ;)

emmaemma

Site Supporter
you say he has a mental illnesss so its a possibility he may have got the figures wrong...

Sportsman

Site Supporter
That was my first thought, but he was very definite and strangely, he is very switched on when it comes to money. His vices are smoking and betting on horses and he can count money better than I can.
The offender is a thieving, lying little scrote and always has been. He is 60 now and has never done more than a few days work in his life. My wife and I actually employed him once (against my better judgement) and that ended when I found out he was ripping us off too. He is a little sniveling scum bag and one day, I pray, he will get what he deserves.

Total

Site Supporter
Sorry to read this Sporty. :(......A subject that is close to my heart....I hope you get a result one way or another.....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem is is it worth giving someone a good hiding for £240?

Sure it might make you feel better but the consequences could far outweigh the rewards

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm not questioning it but firstly to state your intentions/wishes on a public forum isn't the brightest of moves, and secondly there are far better ways of giving him his just deserts than a few weeks of pain and bruises, which wouldn't get you into trouble if you were found out :)

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
sounds Like my brother. Unfortunately we can’t pick our brothers and sisters

Tyecon

It sounds like the way to hurt your brother in law is in the pocket not face it's amazing the run of bad luck people can have when you put your mind to it:unsure:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
had over a year of this

"lent" a relative a fair few quid to get him outta trouble with his debtors

up until that moment he was my bestest friend, my chum, my pal, et al, ad infinitum

since then, not a word, no contact apart from when at a funeral, he spoke to me offering his support

blanked him with one of those stares you give people when really you wanna punch thier smug smile down thier throat, but your in company and it really aint the time or place

thier xmas present this year, will be a card with a credit note in, knocking £50 off the lent amount

might take a few years to pay it back,

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I’ve found out that families are nowt but trouble and only get in touch when they want summat, now If they don’t have immediate blood ties the get told to f..k off, I’ve done my running round after em, plastering building helping handing only to be ignored when I want a hand.

spark1

I don’t understand the need for people to post/air this kind of stuff on a public for any tom rich and Harry to read ? It’s not the one, post it in the golden peg section if you really need to look for advice at least it’s a bit more private.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I don’t understand the need for people to post/air this kind of stuff on a public for any tom rich and Harry to read ? It’s not the one, post it in the golden peg section if you really need to look for advice at least it’s a bit more private.
I think its about letting off steam.