Fame at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Wayte

According to the Anglers Mail my Barbel fishing methods are frowned apon by the Barbel Police.
Apparently using Buzzers and sheltering under an Oval Brolley isn't cricket when it comes to catching Whiskers from the Severn.
Well if they want to sit in the rain wearing a floppy hat and use Bean canes as rods thats fine by me.I'll stay dry and let the Foxes wake me up if i doze off after the 4 hour drive up there.

martin.

Account Locked
Neil im dissapionted in hearing that you fish for barbel that way.
Be like me & try using a bivvy instead of brolly its warmer for sleeping in & you dont have to worry if wind direction changes

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

Neil Wayte

There's no night fishing on the severn Martin and it's the only venue I use buzzers on.I much prefer watching a pair of Isotopes but what the hell if it takes a pair of carp rods and buzzers then thats what I'll use.God knows what they would have thought if they'd have seen the end tackle.Whacking great method feeders with extra dead cow weights on just to hold bottom and heaven fobid hair rigs and boilies.
Funny enough me and Gary caught fish and the Police blanked.They had to speak then because we lowered ourselves and enquired if they had any luck.He He.

martin.

Account Locked
Boilies are becoming common place for barbel ive only ever caught 2 river barbel but live in fens so havnt done much, but get up on the trent now as often as i can & i mainly use boilies.they are no more of an manmade bait than luncheon meat if you think about it

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Barbel Police?? Obviously they're not like normal police if they turned up [:p]

If it catches and it's legal (and safe) does it really matter what is used?
I too have used buzzers and carp rods for barbel, I've also used float rods and heavy quivertip rods and never once thought I was doing it wrong. As for using a brolly, sometimes once set up it can give the much needed cover an angler needs to shield his movements from the skyline.

Each to their own I'd say [:D]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
bloody hairy ox, you only use buzzers cos you're to fat, slow, OLD & with your failing eyesight to get there if you had to watch a tip spring round [;)]

Alan
Datafile3.asp

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Troggs just jealous 'coz you have more hair on your chin than he has on his head.
Come to think of it I have more hair on my ar*e....

So Neil, catch anything on the Blue Pool on Saturday? I was two pegs down from you.
I gave up after a tench and a 14.5 Mirror - just too damn hot!

And thats 100 posts I believe [8D].

Br
Jason

Beebs

Jason, you're such a bl00dy name dropper!!! 100 posts took long enough didn't it??

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Yes mate, but it's quality not quantity that matters.

None of this 'LOL' or 'ROFLMAO' on every thread business, just to get more stars [;)][}:)][:D]

100% quality abuse and inane waffle is what you get from me [:D]

Br
Jason

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
packitinusingsinglepoststosayoneword beebs [:D]

Alan
Datafile3.asp

Beebs

But Trogg how am I supposed to get up to 1000 posts? I was following my mentor, Norm. I said months ago I've run out of things to say!!! kiss2.gif kiss2.gif kiss2.gif

Neil Wayte

Blue pool a disaster as you say to hot.Fish very wary on the surface now after being hammerd for the last few weeks off the top because of the weather.Never had a bite all night which is nothing short of remarkable.
Monday on the Lee was much the same.Fish showing(sunbathing)all over the place but not really interested in feeding.Managed to find 3 barbel and feed them virtually all day with maggot and hemp but when we tried to catch them we got slaughtered by the minnows.Never seen so many of the little blighters in the river.Mind you they will be record size now after consuming best part of a gallon of maggots through out the day.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh yes i can picture it now

"Neil Wayte, the catcher of record minnow"
Follow Neils exciting journey through the minefield of specimen hunting as he plans his capture of the giant minnow

[:p]

Alan
Datafile3.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.