Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
comp6_e0.gif Imagine my shock and
horror ,when reading through the letters page of Anglers Mail this
morning to find that they had sunk so low as to publish a letter from a self
confessed sad angler who was obviously on the ponce for some free stickers.
I thought this was supposed to be a page for serious debate.Such shameless
scrounging should not be allowed.The address was in Stafford.I think we'll
have to send TROGG round to sort out the beggar.

Disgusted of Sydenham.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All I can say Peter is what is the world coming to?

I cannot understand what possessed them but even worse, I'm now going to have to buy AM to see what was written.

Perhaps if Trogg has a copy lying around he could post the letter on here and we could all read it for free. I'm sure the author wouldn't have any objections unless that is he wants royalties. icon_smile_big.gif

Nearly dipping my hand into the kitty for that drink c[[]] Peter icon_smile.gif

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
you pair of Barstewards

The letter was sent in about 3 weeks ago after i spent a sleepless night (rare for me)
looking through countless tackle sites.

I noticed that a lot of them wanted stupid money for stickers, badges or patches that bore their own companys logo/name.

I actually said in my original letter (the one in AM was edited) that what we are actually doing is paying the company to advertise for them.

(ps if any tackle company marketing/senior staff are reading this & would like to send me some stickers my address is ..........................
)

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
What icon_smile_question.gif
There aren't 2 Alan Fawcett's in Stafford.

Surely there has been some mistake.

I'm So Sorry,I should have known better.

NAHHHHHHHH

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alan,

quote: I noticed that a lot of them wanted stupid money for stickers, badges or patches that bore their own companys logo/name

Damn, damn, damn, damn, & damn,, I knew I was going wrong somewhere. I was giving our stickers away for free icon_smile_sad.gif despite being a Yorkshireman. icon_smile_big.gif

Anyone want a Maggotdrowning sticker, price upon application $$$$ ??

Seriously, if any tackle manufacturer wants to give away a load of stickers,
e-mail me, Dave@maggotdrowning.com and I'll distribute them for you.

Regards to all,
(especially Alan whom I hope we haven't upset and if we have I unreservedly apologize 'cause he is a big guy and I'll be meeting him in a few weeks icon_smile_blackeye.gif)

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Davey boy

No offence taken mate christ if i can't take a leg pull then i'd have to be a very sad angler.

Hang on a min ,,,,i am a very sad angler Oi you yorkie bar kid wanna be wots the idea of ripping the .....out of me eh eh eh eh C'mon put em up put em up i'll have ya& then we'll sit down n have a cup of yorksire tea , tea like it should beicon_smile_big.gif(also known as tetleys)icon_smile_tongue.gif

Alan

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Webbo
You won't be buying the mail you'll do what you normally do wait till i buy it and photocopy it!

Stu

Tim

Hey Alan,

I bought it and read your letter, I didn't know it was you though. You're the first person that I sort of know that has had a letter published in the AM and I used to think that it was just IPC's employees that got in the letters page, the same as the photo's icon_smile_big.gif

And I agree with you

<<paying homage>> Tim

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm feeling well famous nowicon_smile_blush.gificon_smile_blush.gif

(if anyone wants an autograph you'll have to come to the fish-in)icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_tongue.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Alan

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why do i get the feeling I'm going to regret starting this thread icon_smile_question.gif
Peter. hombenny4_e0.gif
(closest i could find to a staff)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I'm going to finish it icon_smile_angry.gif

I've just read your letter Alan; whats all this about an AnglersN#t.co.uk sticker and no mention of ours! eh, answer that if you want to keep your
5 Stars.

Wasn't our sticker good enough for a mention, eh?

Admin Options - Restart Troggs count ... 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 still waiting for a reply, 1 - .......

(Only kiding mate) I thought that your letter was pretty good and to the point, more power to your elbow,

Mega Regards, Dave icon_smile_big.gif

dave k

hi alan icon_smile.gif
if you want some free stickers you scrounging git try this site icon_smile_big.gif

http://www.davidhall.co.uk/

just send a SAE and you will get a few for your tackle box.

mind you now you are working full time you wont have time to fish icon_smile_tongue.gif

Dave Kennedy
http://usscangling.cjb.net

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave

I ain't fussed about free stickers mate, the actual point of my letter has been mistaken on another forum already.

What i was trying to point out was why should we (the anglers) pay the tackle companys to advertise for them.

They have already made money from us when we buy their tackle & by charging us for the patches & stickers we buy with their names on they are making even more money in more than one way.

1) we've paid for the tackle
2) we've paid for the sticker/patch
3) Someone sees the stickers/patches we've got & decides to try out their tackle then they've made even more money through us advertising for them using the stickers/patches that we've paid for.

If i wanted free stickers mate i would mail the companys directly & demand some as thanks for all my years of loyalty to them.icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_tongue.gif

Alan

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Exactamont Alan,

In the Web side of it, we call it 'Viral Marketing'. Tell one who tells two who tells say three etc, and all of a sudden you have 9+ people who know.

You have the angler on the bank with his/her box and stickers, others walk by "How ya doin' mate?", the stickers get noticed, and so on....

The advertising space is free on the back of a box and anglers aren't afraid to display the stickers, all they need are some... but should they be expected to pay for them? Think not.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.