Falling out of love with the pole 💔

Alantherose

Site Supporter
It takes less time to tackle up & take down a pole than it does a rod/reel/float combo too I think
Really?! I don't think that is true, and I've done plenty of both this last year. You can also easily leave a rod set up ready unlike a pole.

Anyways, this wasn't meant to be a thread that went...

"x is better!"
"Oh no it ain't!"
"Oh yes it is!"

...but an honest (and hopefully mildly amusing) reflection on the waning of my early flush of pole fishing.

Yadda yadda yadda :giggle:

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I would just like to point out to anyone who is falling out love with miss pole.
All you have to do is contact me and I will adopt them and show them the love and care they should be receiving.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Zerkalo is a relationship Guru.
My relationship with Mr Korum is as follows... you might wait all day for a bite but when it eventually comes it's absolutely magic and surreal and he does the best to get the fish in for you.

Ian67

Ive give my pole up since I started using my Preston feeder chair ,now preferring the method feeder and sometimes a waggler on a tench water I visit,using a box just aggravates my back injury to the point of not enjoying fishing anymore so a chair it is,I miss the pole a little bit its a trade off against back pain,I only pleasure fish so its nice to set the rod/rods up and just sit and chill and wait for the rod to wrap around

Beck Hill

Hello Drowners,

I am looking for some “relationship” advice here. My first serious relationship was with a margin pole (an edge monster) and we bonded well. It wasn’t long before my head was turned and I soon found myself involved with another pole (a Sensas Nanoflex 855 this time). It felt like a more grown up relationship and for a couple of years life was good. The extra top kits and the versatility that came with them were exhilarating- life was good with Nano!

Recently though I’ve had my doubts about our relationship. She’s fragile, and I’ve discovered there were wounds she’s hidden from me that are jeopardising our future together. I know I could fix it, but I’m not sure I can be bothered. The problem is I’ve begun to prefer just hanging out with the lads again- Fox Predator, Korum Barbel Rod, even a pellet waggler- and doing “man” stuff with them. Should I do the decent thing and set Nano free or is this just a phase that will pass?

Yours hopefully,

Al
In 1987 I had my first pole, a Shakespeare 7.5m glass fibre job. I bought it because it was the 'in thing' at the time. It was heavy and horrible and had to go. At the start of this new season, I decided to have another go and quite honestly wish I had saved my cash and not bothered, I had great difficulty in fishing a swim 5.5m deep and playing a fish on 6m of pole to get enough pole length to lift the fish high enough in the water to get the net under it. They are fragile, need rollers and such and a clear flat space behind for unshipping, I learnt my lesson that they leave a lot to be desired when river fishing and a return to Mr 13' match and an 11' feeder rod replaced the pole. I also learnt that in favourable conditions a 6 or 7m bolo rod is ideal for fishing distant deep river swims.
Set it free and go with the flow or better still give it to a roadside tea waggon owner to let him fly his flags on it.

Aztecca

Take her out on a boat trip for a bit of wreck fishing.Whilst your there strap a few bricks to her and drop her over the side.Then wipe her from your memory and get back out with the lads.

rudd

Site Supporter
Really?! I don't think that is true, and I've done plenty of both this last year. You can also easily leave a rod set up ready unlike a pole.

Anyways, this wasn't meant to be a thread that went...

"x is better!"
"Oh no it ain't!"
"Oh yes it is!"

...but an honest (and hopefully mildly amusing) reflection on the waning of my early flush of pole fishing.

Yadda yadda yadda :giggle:
Z is actually better than X, according to some on here, I dont know Y?