Falling out of love with the pole 💔

Backwoodsman

Site Supporter
Personal choice, so best of luck to all pole fishers. I have never been inclined to using a pole. Recently whilst fishing a small lake I was using a 14 ft drennan acolyte with a spedia center pin reel. Several pegs occupied near me all pole fishing, I seemed to be catching the same as them ,if not more, obviously in some conditions a pole may be a superior . However I can travel lighter and avoid using a barrow.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Personally I would have a frank and open disscussion with Miss Sensas and say that although you like her you do not think you can devote your life to her and that really you would like a much more open relationship where you can spend time with other rods and poles also, tell her it is not her fault and it is just that you are not ready to settle down yet, tell her you won't neglect her altogether and will still spend some time with her but she may have to share you with a sexy little float rod from time to time......if you let her down gently with to promise of future outings I am sure she will understand........if she doesn't dump the bitch

Blanks

Site Supporter
What about some form of orange dye and maybe a tip job to bring back some of the former glamour, seems to work for a few ladies in the local town ( bottle blonde).
Shame that you feel you can no longer go all the way with her.

baldpaul

Site Supporter
I've got a 16m Sensas 724 that I bought with the job lot of tackle. It's pretty robust but I mainly fish at 2+2 or 2+3. I've had a couple of goes at 13m but it's not very responsive & I wouldn't even bother trying it at 16m.
If I had the spare dosh, I'd definitely invest in something more up-market.
Have you not spent all the cash you ripped out of my hand at Lindholme yet?.

alsur

Site Supporter
I've not used my pole since 2019, I know it's cost me it terms of what I catch but as I've only been pleasure fishing I can't be bothers to load up car with pole and all I need to fish with it effectively. So much easier to chuck a chair holdall and a rod or two in the car and off you go. Fishing is about enjoying yourself so my take is so long as I am that's all that matters. Part of me thinks I should get rid of pole and seat box but I can't bring myself to go that far.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
I've not used my pole since 2019, I know it's cost me it terms of what I catch but as I've only been pleasure fishing I can't be bothers to load up car with pole and all I need to fish with it effectively. So much easier to chuck a chair holdall and a rod or two in the car and off you go. Fishing is about enjoying yourself so my take is so long as I am that's all that matters. Part of me thinks I should get rid of pole and seat box but I can't bring myself to go that far.
That is pretty much where I am at mate.

alsur

Site Supporter
That is pretty much where I am at mate.
I do enjoy fishing a pole and pole fishing has been the predominant thing I've done for years, very rarely fished a waggler. But I am enjoying using waggler but I am going to have to work on some things I was good at in past particularly throwing ground bait accurately much easier to cup it in.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’m

I get where you are coming from but for me a seat box is ideal as everything lives in it I need for a pleasure session plus it’s comfy and the pole is just a single hold-all (you don’t need masses of top kits just the ones for the venue you are going too that session)

It takes less time to tackle up & take down a pole than it does a rod/reel/float combo too I think

Prevision of bait presentation over cupped in
loose feed is far more controllable than hand fed or catty loose feed and a float

Fishing whatever method makes you happy is the t important - unless you’re in a match and then it won at all costs
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

satinet

Site Supporter
I’m

I get where you are coming from but for me a seat box is ideal as everything lives in it I need for a pleasure session plus it’s comfy and the pole is just a single hold-all (you don’t need masses of top kits just the ones for the venue you are going too that session)

It takes less time to tackle up & take down a pole than it does a rod/reel/float combo too I think

loose feed is far more controllable than hand fed or catty loose feed and a float

Fishing whatever method makes you happy is the t important - unless you’re in a match and then it won at all costs
I fished my first session on the pole recently. While it takes a while to set the roller(s) etc up it is definitely quicker to set up for fishing multiple areas/lines than setting up multiple rods. Especially as your rigs are pre done. Guess you could pre tie waggler rigs but people don't seem to do it.

That being said I get where the OP is coming from. Sometimes it is nice to keep it simple.

alsur

Site Supporter
I’m

My box is quite heavy loaded up, then there is the bait bag rollers plus other attachments, can't guarantee parking anywhere near a good swim so barrow to put it all on. Most of my rods are in ready rod holdalls so quick enough to set up.

I agree about presentation and feeding, but I can normally catch enough to keep me happy and loose feeding with catty is ok I can normally group then feed enough.

I would go to a match without my full kit, the reason I don't now is really down to being lazy about it.