Falling out of love with the pole 💔

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Hello Drowners,

I am looking for some “relationship” advice here. My first serious relationship was with a margin pole (an edge monster) and we bonded well. It wasn’t long before my head was turned and I soon found myself involved with another pole (a Sensas Nanoflex 855 this time). It felt like a more grown up relationship and for a couple of years life was good. The extra top kits and the versatility that came with them were exhilarating- life was good with Nano!

Recently though I’ve had my doubts about our relationship. She’s fragile, and I’ve discovered there were wounds she’s hidden from me that are jeopardising our future together. I know I could fix it, but I’m not sure I can be bothered. The problem is I’ve begun to prefer just hanging out with the lads again- Fox Predator, Korum Barbel Rod, even a pellet waggler- and doing “man” stuff with them. Should I do the decent thing and set Nano free or is this just a phase that will pass?

Yours hopefully,

Al

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had a Sensas pole and couldn't get on with it. It did the job but never felt right if you know what I mean

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I'm sure plenty of people would have your sloppy seconds.
I wouldn't after seeing how much manufacturers wanted for their poles at an NEC Angling exhibition 30 years ago. Me and poles practice perpetual social distancing as a matter of principle :cool: . I'm just happy with my rods and not participating in matches etc where no doubt having one is often an advantage!

Carl c

Hello Drowners,

I am looking for some “relationship” advice here. My first serious relationship was with a margin pole (an edge monster) and we bonded well. It wasn’t long before my head was turned and I soon found myself involved with another pole (a Sensas Nanoflex 855 this time). It felt like a more grown up relationship and for a couple of years life was good. The extra top kits and the versatility that came with them were exhilarating- life was good with Nano!

Recently though I’ve had my doubts about our relationship. She’s fragile, and I’ve discovered there were wounds she’s hidden from me that are jeopardising our future together. I know I could fix it, but I’m not sure I can be bothered. The problem is I’ve begun to prefer just hanging out with the lads again- Fox Predator, Korum Barbel Rod, even a pellet waggler- and doing “man” stuff with them. Should I do the decent thing and set Nano free or is this just a phase that will pass?

Yours hopefully,

Al
Do the decent thing and get shut,hang out with the lads

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I've got a 16m Sensas 724 that I bought with the job lot of tackle. It's pretty robust but I mainly fish at 2+2 or 2+3. I've had a couple of goes at 13m but it's not very responsive & I wouldn't even bother trying it at 16m.
If I had the spare dosh, I'd definitely invest in something more up-market.

MrBen

Site Supporter
It’s sometimes easier to hang with the lads, but like most other relationships you occasionally have to endure the rough patches and work at it till it improves, so stick with Miss Sensas. Maybe watch a rom com with her “sensas and sensibility”

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I'm afraid that abusing your partner can only lead to a break up.

Show some TLC like I do and a relationship can last for decades without splits or cracks showing when you are together.

rudd

Site Supporter
Old unresponsive poles not working to full potential at length can be made to work for short periods of time.
Apparently there is a chemical that can be purchased that works out at about £5 for a few hours.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I only use my pole once a year for my annual holiday in Docklow... rest of the time I dabble with a cane pole occasionally or just rod and line... when I match fished I suffered poleitis.. now I've gone to the other end of the spectrum

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’m still in my honeymoon period with my Preston pole and very much in love although I see your pain

Maybe a little spa time for your beloved with some mineral wrap treatments is called for and who knows she may come back gorgeous and winning your affections once more.