Fake Britain

rudd

Site Supporter
they were quite common once

fellas turning up to sites with so called failed import items, makita, de walt, bosch etc

quarter of the price of proper ones and the mugs still bought em, plug em in and they started smoking if they worked at all

caveat emptor
Whats a failed import?
Any goods that are found to be fake are destroyed.
Most fake goods are coming through the backdoor of Europe, Eastern European countries.
Once cleared by dubious methods the goods are classed as free circulation / homeuse goods and can move freely throughout the EU unless they are restricted/banned by a member state - in this case they can move freely in member states where not banned.
Another method is using Low bulk value declaration directly into the UK.
Always makes me chuckle when visiting special EU territories such as the Canary islands - loads of fake goods being sold by our EU partners!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Heres a thought, it would cost me 100 - 120 quid to fill my van, if i did a runner from the garage and got caught i wouldnt be fined that much :unsure::unsure:

brian carragher

Site Supporter
they were quite common once

fellas turning up to sites with so called failed import items, makita, de walt, bosch etc

quarter of the price of proper ones and the mugs still bought em, plug em in and they started smoking if they worked at all

caveat emptor
Whats a failed import?
Any goods that are found to be fake are destroyed.
Most fake goods are coming through the backdoor of Europe, Eastern European countries.
Once cleared by dubious methods the goods are classed as free circulation / homeuse goods and can move freely throughout the EU unless they are restricted/banned by a member state - in this case they can move freely in member states where not banned.
Another method is using Low bulk value declaration directly into the UK.
Always makes me chuckle when visiting special EU territories such as the Canary islands - loads of fake goods being sold by our EU partners!

The seller claimed they were failed imports in order to sell them, they were just copies and poor ones at that, any excuse used to sell knock offs

We had them up here as well, dewalt gear not quite the right colour yellow and the makita gear a funny green/blue colour not quite right either and as Mick said, all crappy gear that didnt last, I was offered some and told the seller in front of a load of guys they were cheap copies , he wasnt chuffed but I guess like all crooks he managed to sell a few somewhere

rudd

Site Supporter
The seller claimed they were failed imports in order to sell them, they were just copies and poor ones at that, any excuse used to sell knock offs

We had them up here as well, dewalt gear not quite the right colour yellow and the makita gear a funny green/blue colour not quite right either and as Mick said, all crappy gear that didnt last, I was offered some and told the seller in front of a load of guys they were cheap copies , he wasnt chuffed but I guess like all crooks he managed to sell a few somewhere
Fake fake description then!
HMRC, border force, port health, Defra, trading standards, NCA and the rest all have any fake goods destroyed.

me

Can I commend you on being the first to post an utterly stupid statement in 2020.

Not only would the doorman be in trouble but also any staff who had served her and the owner of the establishment, who had a chance of losing his licence.
Geoff we all know how squeak clean and a do gooder you have always been and have never done a single thing wrong or bent the law but like I say I'm sure the majority of members on this site snuke into a pub club at least one when they were under age .
Yes the door man, bar staff would get a telling off if they get caught letting in or serving them but come on weve all been in a pub under age, it's part of growing up

me

The problem is now mate, once you lose the licence you can't work the doors again for a set period

But trogg it wasnt your badge. It wasnt you working. The doorman who let her in was the one who would of been questioned and I'm sure for 1 incident he wouldnt of lost his badge.
I was drinking on your territory last night around stafford and I can a sure you there was a large number of under age in the pubs. It's part of growing up and part of the game .

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Geoff we all know how squeak clean and a do gooder you have always been and have never done a single thing wrong or bent the law but like I say I'm sure the majority of members on this site snuke into a pub club at least one when they were under age .
Yes the door man, bar staff would get a telling off if they get caught letting in or serving them but come on weve all been in a pub under age, it's part of growing up
Squeaky clean!!! Do gooder!!! You know nothing about me or what I have done in my life but those descriptions do not fit me at all, I just told my wife what you posted and she nearly had an asthma attack during her fit of laughter.

I did drink under age, I was 17 and a half when I joined the Army and went out with other lads in the same training unit as me. Before that the only time I drank out was with my father in the local pub on a Friday night when he allowed me one pint of brown and mild, but I was allowed alcohol at home a fairly controlled atmosphere where mother ruled the roost.

me

Squeaky clean!!! Do gooder!!! You know nothing about me or what I have done in my life but those descriptions do not fit me at all, I just told my wife what you posted and she nearly had an asthma attack during her fit of laughter.

I did drink under age, I was 17 and a half when I joined the Army and went out with other lads in the same training unit as me. Before that the only time I drank out was with my father in the local pub on a Friday night when he allowed me one pint of brown and mild, but I was allowed alcohol at home a fairly controlled atmosphere where mother ruled the roost.
So why knock me for defending the under age girl for doing exactly what you did. That's what I call very hypocritical to me. Yes she was wrong , yes the door man would of got told off but like I say we have all do it inc you, we have been caught we have got away with it , like I say it's all part of the game of growing up or like I have said to you before your post was just another way of personally having ago at me for no real reason

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
So why knock me for defending the under age girl for doing exactly what you did. That's what I call very hypocritical to me. Yes she was wrong , yes the door man would of got told off but like I say we have all do it inc you, we have been caught we have got away with it , like I say it's all part of the game of growing up or like I have said to you before your post was just another way of personally having ago at me for no real reason

It amazes me that you choose to defend a girl of 15 using a false ID and going into a club, and I did nothing like that, unless you want to call a unit NAAFI a night club, and I did not use fake ID I had a real identity card showing age and army number.

I had no idea that I was personally having a go at you, but if it upsets you that I did give me your address and I will send you a pound coin so you can ring somebody who actually gives a damn.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
But trogg it wasnt your badge. It wasnt you working. The doorman who let her in was the one who would of been questioned and I'm sure for 1 incident he wouldnt of lost his badge.
I was drinking on your territory last night around stafford and I can a sure you there was a large number of under age in the pubs. It's part of growing up and part of the game .

I've seen 3 of the lads i used to work with lose their badges for allowing underaged in, the police even wanted to see the cctv footage in one place because they wanted to prosecute the member of staff that served without doing "check 21".

I lost my badge and had to go through all the appeals process and everything else after recieving a caution for common assault, i pushed a guy out the door after asking him to leave 3 times and he still came back in even when the police were stood there....he thought he had a right to enter a public house and i couldn't stop him!

I was without work for 7 weeks while it was all sorted out and my badge was eventually returned to me, that was 7 weeks without wages all because the SIA/Police are so quick to jump on us now.

I've seen the doormen working the doors in Stafford and to be honest, to many of them are shirt fillers, been on the dole for a while so the benefits agency pay for them to take the course and they start working the doors thinking they are an extra from Roadhouse when they don't have the slightest inkling what the job is really about!

I've even refused to work with one from our company after it kicked off in the rugby club and he ran outside leaving me to deal with 3 drunken rugger players, when i finally got them out he comes walking over, i shouts "where the fu** were you" and his reply... i came out to ring the police, they're on the way to help us.
My reply, "us, what ****ing us you ran like a chicken s**t, **** off and don't come near me for the rest of the night or i'll pop your skull like a balloon"

Next day i'm called into the office cos the little twerp had complained to the boss that i'd threatened him, so i told the boss what had happened and told him if he ever puts me on a door with the guy again he'll need another doorman cos i'll walk away!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I've seen 3 of the lads i used to work with lose their badges for allowing underaged in, the police even wanted to see the cctv footage in one place because they wanted to prosecute the member of staff that served without doing "check 21".

I lost my badge and had to go through all the appeals process and everything else after recieving a caution for common assault, i pushed a guy out the door after asking him to leave 3 times and he still came back in even when the police were stood there....he thought he had a right to enter a public house and i couldn't stop him!

I was without work for 7 weeks while it was all sorted out and my badge was eventually returned to me, that was 7 weeks without wages all because the SIA/Police are so quick to jump on us now.

I've seen the doormen working the doors in Stafford and to be honest, to many of them are shirt fillers, been on the dole for a while so the benefits agency pay for them to take the course and they start working the doors thinking they are an extra from Roadhouse when they don't have the slightest inkling what the job is really about!

I've even refused to work with one from our company after it kicked off in the rugby club and he ran outside leaving me to deal with 3 drunken rugger players, when i finally got them out he comes walking over, i shouts "where the fu** were you" and his reply... i came out to ring the police, they're on the way to help us.
My reply, "us, what copulating us you ran like a chicken s**t, **** off and don't come near me for the rest of the night or i'll pop your skull like a balloon"

Next day i'm called into the office cos the little twerp had complained to the boss that i'd threatened him, so i told the boss what had happened and told him if he ever puts me on a door with the guy again he'll need another doorman cos i'll walk away!

Trogg do ya remember when they were purposely getting young girls to try get int clubs and filming em for a documentary ?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Always interesting having professional insights into actual events.

Have to agree with Me though as we have all done it and look at it as a "right of passage"

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Anyway Back on topic i bough a fake Hugo Boss shirt from Turkey, got it back home and put it against a real one you wouldnt be able to tell.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Come on Wisey you're definitely Poacher turned Gamekeeper , watch your Halo doesn't slip and you might get a Mod sticker for your box

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Come on Wisey you're definitely Poacher turned Gamekeeper , watch your Halo doesn't slip and you might get a Mod sticker for your box

Ive been Ballacked for what i do and in a lot of ways mended what was Broken, but if i do owt outta line im put back on it and apologize when im wrong.