Failed Ide Attempt

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo , looks a bit soleless that place 😕
I thought that but tbf hard to tell in winter when everything is bare. There’s some venues here that are stunning in the summery greenery and autumn colours that then look quite uninspired in winter. Not the best pic either being of the peg itself rather than the view from the peg. Looks as if there’s some trees lining the place that might make it look quite nice at the right times. Decent sized water at least.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Looks are deceiving Mr Rudd, it's a beautiful fishery/area.....Recent(ish) works/remodelling etc etc.....Give it a few years....:love:🌲🌳🌷
I like some shrubbery and bankside plants with wildlife.
You know, something to keep me focused whilst waiting for that elusive bite 😃

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Looks are deceiving Mr Rudd, it's a beautiful fishery/area.....Recent(ish) works/remodelling etc etc.....Give it a few years....:love:🌲🌳🌷

Out of curiosity Mark …. What does a day ticket cost for a place like that down your way. My dad got charged £7 the other day. 😳Mum had to go take him his heart tablets. 🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
Out of curiosity Mark …. What does a day ticket cost for a place like that down your way. My dad got charged £7 the other day. 😳Mum had to go take him his heart tablets. 🤣🤣
Average of £10 Mick, but we don't (Generally) have any of that 'venue pellet only' nonsense......One of my most favourite places is £15 a day.....Apart from the excellent fishing, it's a privilege to be there and I'd pay that everyday to keep the rabble away....(y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
What does a day ticket cost for a place like that down your way. My dad got charged £7 the other day. 😳Mum had to go take him his heart tablets. 🤣🤣
Oh mate don’t get me started I have to laugh at some of the commercial ticket prices around here. Like literally £10-12 a day for ponds not even lakes with nothing worth shouting about in them. No cafes or shops either I may add. Even one cheeky bugger charges you a £10 joining fee to then pay £10 for a day ticket although at least that one is a lake rather than a pond. The mind boggles given the main river club and canal in the area is £15 a year which barely gets a day ticket on some places. Admittedly their price is probably driven down by the sheer number of members but most river clubs round here (most of which have lakes as well) are in the £20-50 range and actively manage their waters in terms of looking after the banks and running matches with the odd bit of stocking etc. The £10 plus commercials here just pick up the coin and mow the grass and trim the odd bush occasionally. Tax free pocket money really as it’s none of their main incomes. Mind you we’re the mugs that pay it so can’t blame them! Just seems odd to pay nearly as much for a pond as you would for somewhere prestigious as throop or the royalty river wise or say linear lake wise let alone a fair chunk of a season ticket somewhere.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thanks for all comments. I am a bit spoiled, not only with choices of places to fish round here but with the nice comments on my reports too!

It cost me £9 which is slightly on the expensive side. And it is a bit barren. It seems to be a popular match/pole venue though with islands on most pools. I think if I did start match fishing these kinds of places this would still be one of the harder venues as I presume most of the stock is big old F1s and seems to attract some good anglers.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
"Is it ok to fish Hawk Pool? I want to catch Ide."
"There's a video being shot on Hawk today... let me check..." replied the bailiff.

He eventually said I could fish Hawk Pool if I didn't mind being in the video.

Thanking him I paid for my ticket and returned to the car.

As I was driving off he said "Sorry, made a mistake... Hawk has to be closed today but you can fish Lark."

I didn't have time to ask him what was in there but gratefully agreed and drove to the pool. Don't quote me on it but I think I heard someone say it was Tom Scholey on Hawk Pool filming a Fjuka Bait video.
Ther you go Steve, this is what they were up to on Hawk Pool.