Facebook market place

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Gotta love it, just had a right touch

Wench has been awanting work done in the garden, new wall-gate and a few more raised beds along with a gazebo thing for vines and honeysuckle to grow up and where she can sit under with the rest of her mad old bird mates

Oooh my love, the materials are gonna be pricey says I, and chucks out huge numbers of loot to discourage her

Why cant you get stuff of the internet cheap, like you do your fishing gear ? says she, (with her "I wont be brooked scowly face on")

what could Michael say, proper touche there !

well Ive been looking, managed to get a 100 red stock bricks for free, and 12no 3x3 sawn timber posts for £20 the other day, but the hunt for more has been fraught, every free ad or cheap lot has been snapped up as soon as they have been listed, things are short in the world of building matrials at the moment

saw an ad for over 300 new ibstock old funton chelsea bricks thats been up a while, asking for offers, so thinking I would chuck a cheeky bid in, money being tight, off went an e- maily thing, bit of chat later, Ive got em for £50 sovs

thats better part of two thirds of a pallets worth, with a list price of a pallet of 500 being £987,87 inc

Chuffed as koof, pick em up friday morn !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
And blow me down with a feather !

just rung the builders merchants to ask about the supplies for sand, cement and ballast, fully expectimg to have to ring around half a dozen of em to get the required, due to the lack of supply at the moment, especially the cement

and they are getting a delivery tomorrow, though there is a caveat, that they are only supplying one bag of cement with the required amount of aggregate-sand, no probs there, so Ive ordered the lot in one hit, getting it delivered on monday

and no silly prices too, paid the normal rate, the gods smile on their faves tha knows, this time next week, I shall have changed my name to Hadrian

(just checked my boot soles to see if I had stood on anything nasty out on a early morning dog walk)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bricks collected and stacked ready for the building

was getting ready to go out to fetch em, getting the barrow out the store

when my next door neighbour, Robin, popped his head over the fence for a chat, he asked what I was doing, I told him, and he volunteered to come along and give me a hand

Proper diamond geezer, made it so much easier, him being younger and considerably fitter than this old git, two trips over to the guys lock up and the job is done

he earnt the the bottles of craft cider Ive just passed over the fence to him with gratefull thanks