Facebook fishing scams

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Hi guys, just wanted to tell you to watch out for scam artists on Facebook, I had a person called 'preston innovations' give me a friend request his picture was identical to prestons, nothing for a few days then tonight I got a message saying 'congratulations you have won so and so' I didn't get to see the next part of the scam because I told him to **** right off. But it could be easy to fall for because when you get the message unless you really look to see who it was sent by it looks identical to the preston page.

Would hate to see this happen to somebody on here.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Im Glad this aint been Locked as no matter what, if it helps 1 single person its done its job. (y)(y)

rudd

Site Supporter
Hi guys, just wanted to tell you to watch out for scam artists on Facebook, I had a person called 'preston innovations' give me a friend request his picture was identical to prestons, nothing for a few days then tonight I got a message saying 'congratulations you have won so and so' I didn't get to see the next part of the scam because I told him to **** right off. But it could be easy to fall for because when you get the message unless you really look to see who it was sent by it looks identical to the preston page.

Did you report it?

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter

What did you win? The suspense is killing me! LÖL

IanG1

Site Supporter
I've had the same this morning, just deleted it as an obvious scam.

Rod Anne Reel

I don’t need to win anything because some long lost relative who is a Nigerian prince has recently got in touch, and now I’ve given him my bank details he’s gonna sort me out financially and then I can buy all the best poles and seat boxes and tackle.

davej1981

I don’t need to win anything because some long lost relative who is a Nigerian prince has recently got in touch, and now I’ve given him my bank details he’s gonna sort me out financially and then I can buy all the best poles and seat boxes and tackle.
My dad got called by some heir hunters a few years back. He thought it was a scam as they said his brother had died and he had left the estate to him. He knew his brother was alive and well. Turned out he did have a brother he never knew about (my nan had had a baby out of wedlock) who had died alone and £15000 was my dads

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
My dad got called by some heir hunters a few years back. He thought it was a scam as they said his brother had died and he had left the estate to him. He knew his brother was alive and well. Turned out he did have a brother he never knew about (my nan had had a baby out of wedlock) who had died alone and £15000 was my dads

Mum had very much the same from the hier hunting firm thats was on the telly

turned out to be someone who hardly anyone remembered in the family,

dozen or so of the surviving "relatives" all got about 10k