FaceAche

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What we are up against with FaceAche .....

As some know there is also a MD's Facebook group, our presence on the social media platform, and it is a pain in the posterior to manage at the best of times as the moderating tools aren't up to the job required.

Today, FaceAche went to a new all-time low in my opinion and removed a member's post as follows...

1611735741737.png

Where in the name of all things wriggly, does "You won't fail on maggot mate" come in as harassment and bullying?

Someone can post a load of diatribe calling all and sundry names and try to shout them down in discussion over the pandemic, the Angling Trust, etc, etc, which FB deem as acceptable to their community standards, but advising someone to use the humble Maggot as bait becomes a violation ffs.

commieboy257

Account Locked
either on drink/opiates/power trip or just a pillock.

btw I have no idea who faceache is.

Last edited:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Depends on how the ones who can, see the Poster, like Trump not been allowed a Twitter account but members of terrorist Groups are.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
thing is is FB moderated by people or bots? if its a person i would be surprised how that is offensive and how it got deleted, Bots and AI makes a lot more sense as it would look at words and phrases to trigger, im not a bot or AI so i cant say what it would find wrong but hey ho.

do you know which word or set of words set off the filter? your presuming its maggots (fair assumption to be honest) but can you confirm that?

either way its daft yes but also you would get the odd false positive match and deletion, all part of learning.

dont know if accurate but the stats are pretty mind blowing and so there is a lot of content to check each day

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bots and algorithms Tony, and with no means of discussing issues following decisions made.

If you personally report someone or something the majority of the time you will find that 'It doesn't go against FaceAches Community Standards'

There is the means to refer the report to a human should you wish and are prepared to look for it, but that doesn't guarantee any changes in the decision.
There is no parity, what one would find wholly unacceptable to the masses is acceptable to FA, however something as innocent as 'you wont fail on maggot' is deemed less acceptable.

chris1967

Site Supporter
I do my best to **** that bot up on facebook ,every time an advert pops up on my timeline i report it as offensive lol.

angel

Site Supporter
I'm going to try that !
See if it makes any difference to the crud ads I get.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
It's not just you...

1611767156889.png

Still cant think what the problem is with the original comment, unless it was to do with trying to reproduce with bait, aka 'maggot mate'

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Probably some Over eager unliked bullied at school Mr unpopular who gets a semi on doing that sort of thing.

rudd

Site Supporter
PC madness:

You cannot set anyone up to fail, mention failure or imply they may fail.

Tyler didnt fail to turn up to the magistrates to face multiple charges of shoplifting, buglery and GBH.

Tyler omitted to attend court.

😳

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
What would they make of a post about cutting up worms.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I'd suspect that it will be a bot/algorithm issue over the word "maggot". The yanks do tend to use maggot as an insult. It wouldn't surprise me if some have started to use maggot in the place of faggot to circumvent censorship. All it takes is some PC loon to put "*aggot" into the Facebook equivalent of a swear filter and there you go.

Like the Westward/Plymouth Hoe thing, I reckon we'll start seeing some other interesting cultural clashes. Anyone living in Scunthorpe or near Wastwater is buggered. Smokers going for fags might also have problems.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
It's not just you...

1611767156889.png

Still cant think what the problem is with the original comment, unless it was to do with trying to reproduce with bait, aka 'maggot mate'
If someone posts from Pratts Bottom, faceache will most likely melt.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
One online forum used to censor the letters 'ecorat'. :unsure:

Took me ages to decipher 'd******e', I thought it was some new form of sexual perversion I'd not heard of.
Turned out it was just a dirty word to anglers.
:ROFLMAO: