Ended Fabric Rod Sleeve Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFarr

Just wondering if anyone has a spare fabric rod sleeve lying around that they don't need. Just bought my daughter a small rod to start her off but it didn't come with a sleeve. Ive seen a few on ebay for cheap but it looks like they are all from china or the like. Obviously I'm willing to pay if you have one knocking around.

Thanks.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@TheFarr

I had the same problem when I bought a 9 foot tip rod, there was no sleeve. I couldn't find one that would take the rod and 3 tips, but leaving the tips easily accessible. The other half made me one out of an old pair of jeans.

TheFarr

what annoys me is that I threw 2 out during the summer when I was clearing the sheds out :mad:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
That's the way it happens. You don't use it for a while so it gets binned, only to find that you need it later. Done the same thing myself. What length is the rod? And does it break down or is it telescopic?

TheFarr

its a 2 piece 5' 6" rod. I have a spare tube for it just wanted a sleeve as a bit extra protection for it. I know my little one and she'll want to know why mine has one and hers doesn't :rolleyes:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
If you have one of these sewing/alterations type shops near you that keep springing up, you could get them to knock one up for you. It'll be even cheaper if you take your own fabric (from market stall etc.?). Then little girl can have her own 'customised' sleeve, sew on her initials to make it special and all is well.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Be carefull though, she might be the only one with a Unicorn fabric rod sleeve. :D

TheFarr

I might get the wife to dust off the sowing machine, she could even whip me a couple up if she does a good job. Ive always wanted an Avengers one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.