F1 Tips

trotting titan

I have paid more attention to my F1 fishing this year, I fish a lake that has a large amount of small king carp in it, I have no trouble catching them but the old F1s seem to be spotting me and avoiding me well.

I know that they are in there in numbers but I'm struggling to get to them. I realise I'm being vague but besides bait, can I ask you guys what you do to temp the old wise F1s at your local fishery?

davylad

Site Supporter
What might work on one venue, might not on another. After setting up and introducing feed, (depending on time of year) you need to find where they prefer feeding at that time, assuming they are there of course. Look for signs of them coming up in the water, if you have to wait for bites on the bottom, or string out your shot and hold back after laying the rig out, so you might see bites on the drop etc. You'll hopefully get better advice than I can give, from some of the spiv match anglers on here. Oh one important thing, make sure you shot your float down to a dot, as some days it'll hardly move, but on others they will pull the elastic out if you can get it right. A lot don't like F1 fishing, but I honestly love it. (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
What might work on one venue, might not on another. After setting up and introducing feed, (depending on time of year) you need to find where they prefer feeding at that time, assuming they are there of course. Look for signs of them coming up in the water, if you have to wait for bites on the bottom, or string out your shot and hold back after laying the rig out, so you might see bites on the drop etc. You'll hopefully get better advice than I can give, from some of the spiv match anglers on here. Oh one important thing, make sure you shot your float down to a dot, as some days it'll hardly move, but on others they will pull the elastic out if you can get it right. A lot don't like F1 fishing, but I honestly love it. (y)
All sounds good to me

trotting titan

Doesn't look like it mate 🤔

Well they are there alright, they are catching them on hard pellets, bread but they are bloody crafty. I have tried most of what you suggest. I'm guessing that my issue is I'm using too heavy float, maybe they are catching them on the fall.

F1's can someone tell them they are supposed to be easy, it's easier to catch big roach on the stick float/waggler I'm my opinion