F1 kits.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Got a new pole this week.well new to me.
I have about 8 f1 kits with it and 3 carp kits.
Carp kits sorted.
Not used f1 kits before.
1 what elastic can you go upto with them ? As a lake i fish often as a lot of carp but not small average about say 7lb but lots of bigger.
2 daft question but would the f1 kits be only any good for lots of smaller carp
Like errrr f1,s 🤣🤣🤣 on a differant lake.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Got a new pole this week.well new to me.
I have about 8 f1 kits with it and 3 carp kits.
Carp kits sorted.
Not used f1 kits before.
1 what elastic can you go upto with them ? As a lake i fish often as a lot of carp but not small average about say 7lb but lots of bigger.
2 daft question but would the f1 kits be only any good for lots of smaller carp
Like errrr f1,s 🤣🤣🤣 on a differant lake.
Personally I only use short kits for my F1 fishing! To my mind there’s not enough elastic in them for bigger carp.. I have landed bonus carp on them fishing shallow for F1,s but wouldn’t target carp using them

Marker50

Site Supporter
Thanks mate.i mite order 3 more carp kits.
What elastic would you use in f1 kits.

matti

Site Supporter
I've got white and orange hydro in my f1 kits, 2 of each, had carp to 8lb on them, no problem

Marker50

Site Supporter
So say a 8 and 10 size.
Was looking at matrix slik
Or preston and middy hybrid,s

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
So say a 8 and 10 size.
Was looking at matrix slik
Or preston and middy hybrid,s
I use TH Solidco hybrid , in winter in short kits 6-8....in summer I will use 8-10, for mudline, and 10-12 for shallow....I used to use orange hydro and white hydro , but I got sick of the price,and kept perishing too quickly for my liking 👍

matti

Site Supporter
I use TH Solidco hybrid , in winter in short kits 6-8....in summer I will use 8-10, for mudline, and 10-12 for shallow....I used to use orange hydro and white hydro , but I got sick of the price,and kept perishing too quickly for my liking 👍
I do 2 kits with 1 pack of hydro, so its not that bad

JLK

It is when you can do two kits with any other make for half the price with no discernable difference.

Marker50

Site Supporter
So you can do 2 tops with one pack.
On a f1 kit.did,nt know that.
Best forum ever

matti

Site Supporter
It is when you can do two kits with any other make for half the price with no discernable difference.
Fair enough, i dont seem to bump or loose any more fish than others i fish against, i like hydro so that what I'm using

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I buy the elastic from Tom Hardy (THFloats) in 2 m lengths for short kits, it works out very cost effective, as I have 12 short kits..I’ve used hydro for about 20 years,but I’ve got fed up with it.I’ve never got 2 top kits out of 1 pack of hydro !!!! Must be as tight as a bowstring 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

matti

Site Supporter
I buy the elastic from Tom Hardy (THFloats) in 2 m lengths for short kits, it works out very cost effective, as I have 12 short kits..I’ve used hydro for about 20 years,but I’ve got fed up with it.I’ve never got 2 top kits out of 1 pack of hydro !!!! Must be as tight as a bowstring 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Not on a short stop f1 kit its not

JLK

Anyone use the nu fish zipp hybrid ? Thats in 3mtr lenths

I was going to buy some to try and my mate in the tackle shop put me off it saying it has a tendency to snap after its been stretched/bottomed out a few times.
The new Preston elastic is much better.

PAULMK5

Anyone use the nu fish zipp hybrid ? Thats in 3mtr lenths

I was going to buy some to try and my mate in the tackle shop put me off it saying it has a tendency to snap after its been stretched/bottomed out a few times.
The new Preston elastic is much better.
Changed to zipp last year and i love it,no reason to use anything else for me now.