Eye test - had one lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudd

Site Supporter
After three years driving around the country in my last job, using a kindle to read books, kindle fire tablet and laptop to work from whilst out on the road - all devices where font can be made bigger and all stored in laptop case for ease of transporting between meetings and hotels - I started a new job several months back involving alot of VDU work.
Being at home everynight I started to re-read my collection of angling books and a pile of paperback novels accumulated from charity shops.
It became apparent that in the evenings my eyes were strained and reading fixed text became a struggle. I also admitted to my self my binoculars diopter settings were very slowly changing over time.
At work I felt uncomfortable constantly moving my head reading documents and vdu/laptop screens.
Admitted to myself I may need glasses.
My company gave me eye test vouchers when I requested as per the law and off I trotted for an eye test.
Last one done by MOD just under thirty years ago.
My word, the things tested and devices used, its certainly an experience!

Result, one eye is perfect, the other has adjusted due to age and is causing me close range reading issues as it causes the other eye strain as they are not working in unison.
Other than that my sight is perfect.
The optrometrist signed off prescription that glasses needed for VDU work which enabled me to get a £55 voucher towards glasses from company. When ordering vision express had a two for one offer.
Today went and collected two pairs of Barbour framed anti reflection reading glasses for £130.
This evening Spent wearing a pair and reading - my word, wish I had had eyes tested months if not years ago, I can read even the smallest of print without squinting!

.:geek:.

rudd

Site Supporter
Mods, please delete as threads on twice!

Status
Not open for further replies.