eye kettleby

Status
Not open for further replies.

crocky

does no-one in mds fish kettleby, i nether see any reports or advice on these lakes, we had a bad match several weeks ago on lake 7 and have a match on no4 this sunday and can`t find any info, is it that bad

cheers crocky
[:D][:D][:D][:D]

nico12

Grebe Grabber
i cant claim to have fished it mate but after the reviews on here and lack of general interest its convinced me not to bother going.

i think the comercial kickback has begun....12oz f1's all day AGAIN anyone.....

let me know though mate 'cos ive been swayed by hype

The Big Fella

crocky,

You got one of the best lakes at eye kettelby for your match anyway!

Lake 4 has shed loads of small carp with some bigger ones as well, but if your expecting to tonne up i suggect dont turn up heheheheh

Two islands in it and you will get regular bites up tight to the islands with either method or normal feeder. Method feeder is easier as the vegetation on some are quite overgrown so can snag you.

Meat, corn, dead maggot works well on the feeder.

You can also fish short on the pole down edge i.e 3-5 mtrs to hand and get a bite a bung after a while. Soft expander pellet works well as does 3 reds and casters.

Trouble is you can get plagued with bits sometimes! Rudd, roach, skimmers crucians, tench and small carpies.
Don't totally discount fishing all out for the bits though, as I saw a 34lbs of bits to hand in one club match a few months back.

I would reckon 24lbs -30lbs would be a good winning weight with the cold water thats gone in! but catching 10-15lbs is pretty easy on most of the pegs so its a good fair lake.

I cant say there is a flyer although a bit of a clearing on the the island would help you no end with feeder. Not big carp generally only 3/4lbs to 2lbs average with very very odd 4-6lbs ers.

Hope it helps! but you should all catch small stuff easily.[;)]

crocky

cheers big fella, first bit of decent info i`ve of this lake i will give it a go and let you know the out-come

cheers again
crocky [8D][8D][8D][8D]

peteblade

We had a match about 4 weeks back on lakes 4 and 5, I won off 5 with 56lb and there were lots of 20lb mixed fish weights of lake 4. To be honest I was really impressed with the venue other than the prices in the cafe/Michelin 4 Star rated restaraunt.

The Big Fella

Pete,

I also think that for a club match either lake 4,5, and even 7 are decent fair venues if everyone is on the same lake.

Those approx 20lbs weights on lake 4 are easily attainable from a good standard match angler.

Getting beyond 30lbs - 40lbs on lake 4 though would be pretty difficult though as the fish are smaller than on lake 5, plus they also have far more silvers to rag your baits etc.

Even lake 7 if you are all on that lake for a club match everyone can usually catch 10lbs+ of small fish this time of year. The better anglers will fish tight to the island and catch the 3/4 - 1 1/2 pound carpies up tight for 20-35lbs winning weights etc.

The trouble is many commercial club anglers expect to catch 50lbs plus winning weights! with 30-40lbs back ups as a minimum nowadays. They also expect 1-3lbs carp to be the predominant species and often set about the venue with large elastics in poles with paste, or loads of meat and then get disillusioned if they dont bag up.

Even in the winter months 3 of us used to fish lake 7 in a knock up and checking my records 8lbs of silvers was the lowest weight in 4 trips fishing middle of the track approx 5-6mtrs.

That in my book is a good weight of silvers that you dont average on rivers or canals, so we also like the venue.

The big problem comes when a club hires 2-3 lakes out as there as you cannot compete across some of the lakes. For instance the Fisho qualifier was always only going to be won off two out the 8 lakes there.

It doesnt mean its a bad venue though [;)]

crocky

hi all,
thanks for all comments i`m sure these will help,any info is better than none

crocky[8D][8D][8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.