Eye kettleby

Peej

Hi all, not been about lately with work and other things getting in the way. Hope everyone is doing well. Got next week off and hoping to wet a line or two. I've got one venue sorted.
Has anyone ever fished any of the lakes at eye kettleby? I don't fish for anything in particular, if it's swims in front of me I will try and catch it. Any advice or tips would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Yes Peej, I fish Eye Kettleby on a fairly regular basis? (maybe ten times a season) Depends on what your after, its normally busy, that shows how popular it can be? Lake four has some nice Crucian carp to almost 2lb. I've had some very god days fishing with a short whip, matchstick float, lose-feeding maggots. 44 nice fish in about 4 hours on the drop oddly. Lake one is great too, again very well stocked, nice silvers, roach rudd, silver bream, bream, chub and more. Its very, very well stocked place, clean, and you can park behind your peg. A few hints on my blog about the place too.
www.rivertrentangler.com.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I responded to a PM from another MD'er about Eye Kettleby recently

I haven't fished there this year but depending on what you like to catch.

Lake One is normally reserved for residents only staying at one of their cabins, although as their holiday / caravan park is closed it's worth asking if it's available to fish it's been a few years since I have fished it, but back then it did contain mainly slimmers, roach and smaller carp.

Lake Three is shaped like a key so at the wider/deeper end is more carp wheres the the narrower shallow end is more bream, roach, chub & crucian carp. This end is quite popular so you will want to get there as soon as the gates open.

Lake Seven is a 60 peg snake lake, with mainly carp although there are bream as well. There is a fellow MD'er that travels to Eye Kettleby twice a year and we always fish lake 7.

Lake Four is smaller 21 pegs and has more of a mix Carp, Crucian Carp, Bream, Tench, Roach, Rudd Perch.

I tend to pole fish all of them, although I know other MD'ers have had great days on the feeder.

There is further info on Eye Kettleby's website here.

Peej

Thanks very much for the replies. Certainly food for thought. Just got to wait for some time off work. Probably be another 9weeks the way things are going with work.

Cod

Site Supporter
If you are a shed dragger there is a fantastic touring site there with excellent facilities. Went regular, fishing all day and a few beers at the on site bar at night.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Sorry, I only normally fish the lodge lake.
For those that might be interested, my wife just got off the phone with them, to discuss our lodge holiday at the end of July. They tell her they are hoping to open up the touring sites from the 4th July. No idea if that means the lodges will be open in time for us.

rd350lc

Well me and IanG1 fished lake 4 today , very enjoyable day , bites non stop from the off , it's rammed to the tunnels with silvers and the odd carp .
No need to fish further than the end of your rod , caught most fish a foot or two from our own bank. Corn over micros were best for us .
It's a really lovely venue in immaculate surroundings .

IanG1

Site Supporter
Yes great day today, least us from further North stayed fishing in the rain and hail and not shelter in the car. Lovely well kept venue stuffed with fish. Started at 6m over groundbait but after a few early fish and a lost carp the peg was fizzing and bites stopped. As Bill says the margins or shoe lace line as I called it was the most productive. Clonking roach, skimmers, crucians, F1 and carp on mostly corn over micros, loose soft pellets and whatever fell to hand. Definitely go back for another session in the future.

rd350lc

Yes great day today, least us from further North stayed fishing in the rain and hail and not shelter in the car. Lovely well kept venue stuffed with fish. Started at 6m over groundbait but after a few early fish and a lost carp the peg was fizzing and bites stopped. As Bill says the margins or shoe lace line as I called it was the most productive. Clonking roach, skimmers, crucians, F1 and carp on mostly corn over micros, loose soft pellets and whatever fell to hand. Definitely go back for another session in the future.
Thought it only fair to take a few breaks throughout the day to let you catch up mate ?

IanG1

Site Supporter
Very Noble of you pal, I knew that "I'm deaf in my right ear" ****** was a ploy to get on the best peg lol.