Extremity distance feeder reel.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
lol i had to read that title a couple of times, any big and wide spool reel with a fast retrieve will do the job, the line and technique with the right rod are far more important than the reel IMHO

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Have to agree. It's no good buying the reel if the the rod isn't capable of hitting that distance or if the technique is out and it plops at 30 yards.

The Roach

I use the Preston Extremity 620 in conjunction with a Free Spirit CTX power feeder rod which is a great combo. My only issue with the reel is the uneven line lay which tapers from shallow at the front of the spool to deeper at the back. I’m going to look at removing a washer on the spindle which should even this out.

Maverick

Site Supporter
I also have the Extremity 620. Not had any line lay problems with mine. Excellent reels in my opinion.

Al the gooner

Site Supporter
Thanks lads,think ill pair it up with my acolyte distance feeder rod .Hopefully be a good combo .
Did have a look at the castizms and tdr,but for amount of times I will use them I can’t justify the money.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've got the Extremity 520 and use it with the Acolyte Distance Feeder.

No problems with line lay - although if I did I'd take it back to the shop as 'not fit for purpose' rather than messing about taking washers on and off.
If the washer is needed it's needed - if it's not then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

Cracking reel though, very smooth and plenty of winding power

Simon

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've just bought a 520, should be with me in a few days but will be a while before I get to use it.

alsur

Site Supporter
I've got the Extremity 520 and use it with the Acolyte Distance Feeder.

No problems with line lay - although if I did I'd take it back to the shop as 'not fit for purpose' rather than messing about taking washers on and off.
If the washer is needed it's needed - if it's not then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

Cracking reel though, very smooth and plenty of winding power

Simon
I'm thinking of buying one but not sure how big it is would you say it the same size as a 5000 thanks

Pyffy

Site Supporter
I'm thinking of buying one but not sure how big it is would you say it the same size as a 5000 thanksI
I bought an Extremity 520 last year. The largest real I own to compare it to is a 4000 size and it's definitely bigger than that. Paired with a my Cast'izm 12'6" rod I have fished up to 70 to 80 yards using 0.10 Matrix submerge braid without a problem. It has a smooth retrieve and cranks feeders or fish in really well.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just spooled up one of the spools, I was pleased it came with two as I was only expecting one for some reason. 6lb Pulse Pro has gone on one spool and looks pretty good to me...

2021-01-27 16.42.08.jpg
2021-01-27 16.42.21.jpg

It's not the lightest reel but seems about the right size for a 520, if you place it between a 4000 and 6000 that is.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
How much line to fill it , and what diameter is 6lb Pulse Pro ?
It takes 150m of 0.25 and Pulse Pro is 0.20. Left me with a fair bit of line on my 300m spool of Pulse Pro I can use for hooklengths on the river. Fairly shallow spool on the reel which is good!