Extendable cupping kit

Fintank

Right, so after realising the daiwa cupping kit is rubbish I've decided to get an extendable kit. Question is do I go for the garbolino or the preston one? Anyone who's used either or both, which do they prefer, which I as stiffer etc
Thanks

dumdum

Garbo is v.stiff, and you can cut it back a bit to suit the Daiwa number four as well ??

Total

Site Supporter
Have got both. The Garbolino extendable one, for me, was the way to go. It's stiffer, but slightly heavier than the Preston one.(y)......'You pays your money........':)

artist

30/03/06 - Mar 2019
In Memoriam
ironically, daiwa has announced an extendable cupping kit - ...bound to be overpriced compared to the garbo which is great if u can get it to fit snugly.

Fintank

No surprise there! Wish they provided a kit that you could make the same length as your kits without all the bloody aggro! Never known something like it.

jasonb

Account Locked
You can make a lighter stiffer cupping kit from the tourney one with drennan cups and the 6.5 mm drennan big bore ferrule to fit the cups.

My mate as the garbolino extender and it's not as useable for big heavy balls as mine.

Total

Site Supporter
You can make a lighter stiffer cupping kit from the tourney one with drennan cups and the 6.5 mm drennan big bore ferrule to fit the cups.

My mate as the garbolino extender and it's not as useable for big heavy balls as mine.

^^:unsure:

It's very usable for big heavy ground bait balls IMO, and having used The Garbolino Extendable cupping kit for over 15 years (I have two, for two different poles) one with a Preston cupping kit and other one with the supplied Garbolino cupping kit (this has a smaller diameter threaded section for the cups that come with it) and both have been fine.

Extendable cupping kits can liable to twisting by the nature of the locking mechanism (tight rubber fitting grommet etc) with heavy ground bait balls, but once aware of this, and with care it can be overcome. (y)

The Garbolino ext' cupping kit 'stiffness' swung it for me.....Can't be doing with a droopy cupping kit!:LOL:

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I use the the Preston Spot on extendable cupping kit on my Daiwa G50.
I know a few who have the same pole and use this cupping kit, they converted the Tournament cupping kit
you get with the G5o into an extra top kit.