Expanders

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Any new takes on making expanders a tad more spongy? Not too much ( like the ones in jars) (y)

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Slightly off topic, I wonder why no other manufacturer has copied Sonubaits Pro expanders where no pumping is required ?. Most anglers I know now use these , its not like the fishing trade to miss a trick

Total

Site Supporter
Slightly off topic, I wonder why no other manufacturer has copied Sonubaits Pro expanders where no pumping is required ?. Most anglers I know now use these , its not like the fishing trade to miss a trick
Trade marks, patents etc etc....(y)

Total

Site Supporter
Its almost impossible to get trade marks and patents on foodstuff Total. They would have to prove they invented the actual ingredients , which I very much doubt.
Maybe so, but when the pro expanders first came out Lee Edwards (he's been sponsored by everyone at some stage!:rolleyes:) and Des Shipp said in videos, the oil that Sonu use to make the Pro Expanders sink was" patented"🤷‍♂️:T:

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Maybe so, but when the pro expanders first came out Lee Edwards (he's been sponsored by everyone at some stage!:rolleyes:) and Des Shipp said in videos, the oil that Sonu use to make the Pro Expanders sink was" patented"🤷‍♂️:T:
Shouldn't be too difficult to find an alternative oil though

George Jones

Site Supporter
Brilliant pellets to prepare and good for staying on the hook. Not the best for getting bites though imo. Got better results with various ones that needed pumping over the years. Spoken to few match lads that say the same

Total

Site Supporter
Brilliant pellets to prepare and good for staying on the hook. Not the best for getting bites though imo. Got better results with various ones that needed pumping over the years. Spoken to few match lads that say the same
Possibly George.....More than one way to skin a cat etc etc...(y)

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Freeze them after soaking works with the Sonubaits Pro Expanders. Toughens them up.
Curious, How many times can you freeze them before they loose consistency or start losing effectiveness?
Are you also replacing the water for every freeze?

IanG1

Site Supporter
I only normally freeze the leftovers from session once in the water they were originally soaked in then discard. Might try multiple freezers see what happens. Fish don't seem to mind they have been frozen, used some yesterday and no difference to some overnight soaked I had with me except they stay on the hook better. If you want to use them on the waggler would say frozen ones are better.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I only normally freeze the leftovers from session once in the water they were originally soaked in then discard. Might try multiple freezers see what happens. Fish don't seem to mind they have been frozen, used some yesterday and no difference to some overnight soaked I had with me except they stay on the hook better. If you want to use them on the waggler would say frozen ones are better.
Thanks mate
I don't often use expanders and opt for hard pellet if I can, However I always make some up for my sessions just in case, However most time they go untouchedd. The amount of waste this creates is insanity. I'll give it a shot and see how I get on.