Excited for my 1st session! 😃

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
I have been out today and scoped 7 fisheries in preparation for my first coarse session in probably 20 years! 😱😄

I was very surprised to find every one of them only had two or three people fishing! 🤔
Maybe everyone is working. I hope so. I hope they are tomorrow too! 😁 I have decided to fish a fishery that allows me to park next to the peg so I will be taking the kitchen sink!

When I got home I prepped my bait. I have got a pint of red and white maggots, half pint of pinkies, big tub of worms and all the other usuals.
20220322_130429.jpg

I will also have expander pellets, bread, feed pellets and groundbait.

My reels have been loaded with 6 and 4lb daiwa sensor and are ready to go...
20220322_154707.jpg

I have tied a lot of hooklengths but decided today to top them up with some shop bought ones as my attempts with the matchman are.... interesting! 🤓

20220322_155338.jpg

I need a few more bits to complete my setup but they can wait. With weather like this I couldn't wait any longer!

I will probably blank and go back to carp camping 🏕😀

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Good choice of line 🙂👍.
I would have gone with maxima but couldn't get bulk spools.

Never got on with sensor in the past but that was when I was using a lot thicker ø for carp.
The thin stuff seems OK.

TiggerXFM

I would have gone with maxima but couldn't get bulk spools.

Never got on with sensor in the past but that was when I was using a lot thicker ø for carp.
The thin stuff seems OK.
It is good stuff, for me at least, another excellent line is bayer perlon. Only snag with perlon is it doesn' come in bulk spools, although I think they are 300mtrs.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
It is good stuff, for me at least, another excellent line is bayer perlon. Only snag with perlon is it doesn' come in bulk spools, although I think they are 300mtrs.
I filled 4 spools with 6lb and 4 spools with 4lb and still had plenty left over. Line lay is nice and smooth so I will give it a chance.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Yup, noticed the reels had god line lay....sensor burns maxima 😉.
But maxima for nostalgia. Was always what the guy in the tackle shop would give me when I asked for 5lb line for tench as a kid 😄