Exagerated Catch Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go on then, how many of you exagerate the size of your catch when telling your mates or 'loved' one about your latest trip?

According to fisheries scientist Ian Cowx of the University of Hull, we all do, take a look:

http://www.nature.com/nsu/021118/021118-5.html

[8D]

Dave Datafile2.gif

Last edited:

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
All the time!!!! all any one has to do is look back at my pike fishing trips this year all bar 2 of them were exagerations.

chill out go fishing

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Lol all anglers are famous for exagerating [;)] plus it would be boring if people didn't exagerate, the storys about monsters wouldn't be as good [:(]

Tight lines [:D]

Big Brian

Never mind the ones that were caught..... What about the ones that you pulled out of or broke off on. There is a theory that fisherman know the size of a fish as soon as it is hooked.

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Anglers exagerating the size of there catch "NEVER"[:D][:D][:D]

teepee.

scouse

'River Man'
A lot of anglers
have scales on there eye lids
[:D][:D][:D][:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
If I have told you once I have told you a million times I never exaggerate.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
I never ever exaggerate,mind you had a superb day today had 14llb stickleback and a 20llb perch on a 6oz bottom he hee
ALSO ITS BEEN SAID THAT ANGLERS exaggerate about there willys to, not me only as a little un but i have a 12" tongue and i can breathe through my ears i get by.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Last edited:

Steve

I caught a 50lb bag of roach on the same maggot once; mind you, it did take me over 15 minutes [^]

Fishermen have more fun than people do!

Steve

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Go on then, how many of you exagerate the size of your catch when telling your mates or 'loved' one about your latest trip?

It's not the size of the catch that gets exagerated...............It's the size of the one that got away[;)]

Someone very close to this site lost a fish at ELVINGTON, and by the time the report got posted onto the Forum it had turned into a monster catfish!!!!!!!!!tut tut

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Peter spot on mate, i heard Elvington is now getting as many visitors as Loch Ness..[:D][;)][:D]

teepee.

martin.

Account Locked
ive heard them all before
its worse now with digital cameras ect. there is always someone who will doctor photos there was an instant a while back when AT picked up on a photo on the net of what was suppossed to be a record pike , but truth came out & turned out to be 25lber.
i dont know anyone who messes about with photos do you TONY.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Too right Martin would'nt dream of it![:D][:D][:D]

as Missingphil would say its just trying to pull the wool over your eyes![;)][:eek:)][;)]

teepee.

crusty

what about the other side of exageration? the opposite, there must be a word for it. false modesty perhaps?

you know, when you've had one of those rare golden days when everythings gone right, you've had a net full or landed a couple of beautiful specimens, and someone comes round and says done much?
now you want to say....... fantastic! absolutly unbelievable! and go on to add to the size and weight by at least twenty per-cent.

but no. is it just me? or do others turn round and say......not much, couple of little 'uns. Thinking .....im coming back here to this spot using this method and this bait, the next chance i get. I don't want someone else muscling in.

selfish? maybe.

i bet i'm not the only one.

crusty

dave k

i never exagerate the size of my catch[;)]

though i think we all know a few that do[xx(]

Dave Kennedy
http://usscangling.cjb.net

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Me i never exagerate

BTW did i tell you about my 10lb roach?
My 25lb Perch?

My 4lb three spined stickleback?

While i was helping Bob Nudd land his 120lb grass carp the other day i told him "bobby boy, when we're catching like this we don't need to exagerate"

he agreed then my supadupa bite alarm went off & Bobster helped me haul in my second 90lb barbel of the day.

What??
He did .
Honest [;)]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Last edited:

Observer

Errno I was thinking more of:-
180 mph on the M 6 in a 2lt sports Capri with a 3lt essex V6 engine,
or maybe a 5-2 Chub from the Penk that no-one else saw

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Nah Crusty we all do it, admit it if we find a rather good Peg and the method>bait that produces the goods the majority keep it hush hush because its a rare find [;)]

Tight lines [:D]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh right observer sorry i must have forgotten to mention that a capri with a V6 essex engine & nitros injection system is quite cabable of doing speeds greater than 180 but i couldn't figure out how to get the extra "ummph" from it.

You most obviously are a master mechanic because you know so much about fords greatest selling sports saloon (in fact it was britains best selling sports saloon) although the lazer did suffer with arse end slide a bit more than most [:(] (soon sorted with a couple of slabs in the boot)

As for the 5-2 chub well as you're so sure no one else saw it then you must have been there to not see Ray anywhere near me or to lend me his scales so i could weigh the fish before putting it back, then again you wouldn't believe ray either because you didn't see it with your own eyes.

BTW are Energis a good server?

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Status
Not open for further replies.