Evesham Angling Festival this weekend 24th -26th Aug

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
40th Anniversary 3 Day Angling Festival this weekend !

Wychavon Championship Saturday 24th Aug
Evesham Championship Sunday "5th Aug - bloodworm allowed
Team Championships Bank Hol Mon 26th Aug - bloodworm allowed

Be there :)

Weather is looking good :)

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
40th Anniversary 3 Day Angling Festival this weekend !

Wychavon Championship Saturday 24th Aug
Evesham Championship Sunday "5th Aug - bloodworm allowed
Team Championships Bank Hol Mon 26th Aug - bloodworm allowed

Be there :)

Weather is looking good :)

Looks like the Fishermans Friend stand could be interesting... taken from their facebook page ....

Its that time of year again and we will be going to the Evesham bank holiday 3 day festival again this year and will have big discounts on everything at the show as usual.
This might be our last show as we might be calling it a day this year after 35 years trading so we will be having special prices on all tackle
100s of Rods, Reels, Seat boxes etc.
If you are thinking of going and there are any items that you are looking for, E Mail me at ttroth@blueyonder.co.uk or sales@fishfriend.co.uk and I can sort out the best prices that we can do and you can collect from the stand.
Best cash prices will be given.
Let me know as soon as possible just in case we have to order them in.
Thanks TONY TROTH (FISHERMAN'S FRIEND)
PS Please share this with all your friends so that we can reach everyone

chappo

Great weekend and be interesting to see if there is any marked improvement to the stalls - seems to have gone downhill over recent years
Shame to read above - another long standing business that seems to be going
Still worth a trip though to see the best of the best in action

markthemouse

Well it looks like NGT , pb products , crafty catcher bait, evolve bait, dave Harrell angling , cadence , fishermans friend , manor angling (Evesham) , midlands angling supplies , matchbox seatboxes , seven valley barbel products are making up the tented village , hopefully there will be more stands

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
The BAA are there. usually have a good membership offer. Often it's been rest of this year free with next years membership.

Beer tent with entertainments, craft stands etc plus the food stuff.

Plus a crowd of like minded anglers :) and other stuff I don;t know about, no doubt.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
FREE FISHING TASTER SESSIONS ................................

FREE FISHING FOR EVERYONE!

National Fishing Month are supporting the Evesham Angling Show offering free fishing sessions on the river all weekend. Qualified coaches and members of the Professional Anglers Association will be offering free angling tuition to anyone of any age who wants to have a go. Be it for the first time ever or just the first time fishing the river.

No need to bring anything but yourselves. All equipment, bait and friendly smiles are supplied. But be sure to bring the sun cream ?

Supported by the Angling Trades Association, which sponsors National Fishing Month, the Qualified Coaches offer a wide range of expertise and knowledge.

Find them outside The Boathouse, Evesham Rowing Club, near the Tennis Courts, all three days 9am to 5pm.

Evesham Angling Festival is a true family affair; children can enjoy the angling coaching and fun fair while you visit the retail village or partake in a refreshment at the Beer Tent!

Visit Evesham Wychavon

https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reacti...mVlZGJhY2s6MzY1NDMyNzg3NDg2OTc0&av=1049865676

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
20% OFF CADENCE RODS,REELS etc.....

From Cadence facebook...

We're delighted to be attending the Evesham Festival over this August Bank Holiday weekend! We're there all weekend, so please pop by the Cadence Fishing stand to check out our gear and our latest deals!
We'll have a host of Cadence Fishing Brand Ambassadors on hand to share their experience and expertise on all things fishing, as well as running you through everything there is to know about our range of Cadence tackle.
James will be fishing the Festival Matches over the weekend so won't be on the stand, but will be around the festival to have a chat in between fishing! If there is anything specific you want to see, please drop us a line at support@cadencefishing.co.uk, to make sure we bring it with us.
We'll be offering a mouth-watering 20% off our rods, reels and combos, 10% off our pole and whip, and a BOGOF deal on our CS10 and CS5 Reels. We accept both cards and cash.
We look forward to seeing you there!

Racehunter

Not sure my busy diary will allow me to get to the festival, but I am interested to find out if the BAA are running a membership offer. So, if anyone sees it in the flesh so to speak, any chance of a quick post or even a PM?

Thanks

chappo

Just got back from Evesham and sorry to report that there are no marked improvements - if anything worse.
The public address system is not installed now and the fishing was grim - tiny fish and most anglers using pole gear on a clear river,
Enjoyed the day overall as a result of catching up with a couple of old friends - Ken Giles particularly who looks amazing for 84 and still has his old dry sense of humour
The whistle didn't go to 11.30 too which was a bummer - it said 10.30 on the adverts

Think there is a deal on BAA cards again btw
Less angling stalls again but the Cadence one has grown - more garden gnomes and handbags on sale than previously
Still a good venue for a pie and a pint but if the weather had been poor (or is next year) I'll have to give it a miss

markthemouse

Whats the tented village like this year ? might pop over tomorrow - I know fishermans friend have a stand - what other tackle dealers are there ?

bigmac1

I'm here now, and as has been said earlier the tented village is certainly no better, if anything it is worse. It's a shame because I'm sure if companies turned with decent gear and good prices they would enjoy good trade

Gussyg

Site Supporter
Trothy tried to have a sale on when he closed his Kings Heath shop, he just couldn't let it go cheap, he can't take it to the grave with him, let it go Tony

markthemouse

Evesham was great for bargains - but its hard to get excited over cheap boilies , groundbait, pellets - over the years map , shakesphere , sonu , preston , frenzee , matchbox , nash, have had stands , I remember wixford , blundells, malarkeys , fosters, dragon carp selling gear at bargain prices. As for the fishing well its Evesham what do you expect the fish are not there in numbers anymore and the park has always been hard.