Every one in the world needs to do this

rudd

Site Supporter
' Everyone in the word needs to do this' says William Shatner after going to space

Really William? Scientists are bleating on that we all need to cut any energy used by burning less fossil fuels - well us in Europe at least where we will all soon be forced to drive rubbish electric vehicles. Also the vast proportion of the world population would rather have clean water, shelter and something to eat than to fly to space.

Seems to me that ordinarily people will yet again pay the price for The Elite to enjoy themselves.

MrBen

Site Supporter
Couldn’t agree more @rudd it’s up there with country leaders who fly to a climate change conference, then fly back, then fly away on holiday.

chris1967

Site Supporter
In a world of telling us to cut emissions stop wasting energy ,turn this off ,turn that off, soon to be no more sales of the internal combustion engine .
I find it strange that Jeff launches his rocket into space with shatner as a passenger for nothing more than a jolly in space for ten minutes, how much rubbish did that dump out into the atmosphere ,and not a thunberg in sight .
Rant over just dont see the point ,oh one last think JEFF PAY YA DRIVERS SOME HOLIDAYS LOL

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

Robwooly

I've never got the idea that we shouldn't journey into space because of what else is going on the world, life goes on and so should science and exploration. It's all a part of learning, even these so called 'jolly ups' for celebrities into the edge of space. Also Shatner is misunderstood, he will in time go down as one of the greatest Canadians ever, he helped inspired a generation of scientists and continues to fly in the face of celebrity with his post acting exploits.

To suggest the tech giants should save the planet before potentially venturing to new ones could be folly if this planet does go past the point of return, select any airline and they are likely to be putting more damage into the environment than the space projects, foreign holiday anyone? More space flights will lead to better technology for travel everywhere, surely that's a no brainer and it's pretty backward to discourage this?

rudd

Site Supporter
Even Prince William has something to say on it...

During a call with him last night, I had to point out he spent a fair amount of his early adulthood joyriding in a helicopter paid for by Joe Public 😉

rudd

Site Supporter
I've never got the idea that we shouldn't journey into space because of what else is going on the world, life goes on and so should science and exploration. It's all a part of learning, even these so called 'jolly ups' for celebrities into the edge of space. Also Shatner is misunderstood, he will in time go down as one of the greatest Canadians ever, he helped inspired a generation of scientists and continues to fly in the face of celebrity with his post acting exploits.

To suggest the tech giants should save the planet before potentially venturing to new ones could be folly if this planet does go past the point of return, select any airline and they are likely to be putting more damage into the environment than the space projects, foreign holiday anyone? More space flights will lead to better technology for travel everywhere, surely that's a no brainer and it's pretty backward to discourage this?
The Elite are looking for a way off our planet ready to farm the next suitable one.
Humans are a parasite and masters at exploting resources which includes humans.
When they do leave do you think your descendents (or rather your DNA) will get to be on a flight?

cameraman

The best thing on Sky Sports
How come the three other passengers in the capsule were floating around weightless but Shatner stayed firmly on the floor.

Robwooly

The Elite are looking for a way off our planet ready to farm the next suitable one.
Humans are a parasite and masters at exploting resources which includes humans.
When they do leave do you think your descendents (or rather your DNA) will get to be on a flight?
Agree totally, but that's what we do and we are all are benefiting from what the so called Elite have previously farmed, extracted, mined etc anyone who says otherwise needs to live in a cave and whittle hand carved wood with flint to avoid any hypocrisy. I'd like to think that every science school and tech college is learning about these flights and any green argument is balanced by the scientific one.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I think that you'll find that that volcano in the Canaries - plus the other 27 or so current erupting - are putting out more nasty krap than two egotistical zilionaires playthings are.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
During a call with him last night, I had to point out he spent a fair amount of his early adulthood joyriding in a helicopter paid for by Joe Public 😉
Yep, snotty little twerp how dare he fly over 150 search and rescue missions including saving some of those damned common plebs and then after leaving the military retrain and fly an air ambulance saving yet more plebs!!

rudd

Site Supporter
Yep, snotty little twerp how dare he fly over 150 search and rescue missions including saving some of those damned common plebs and then after leaving the military retrain and fly an air ambulance saving yet more plebs!!
And all from an airfield on the edge of my Suffolk estate 😉