Everton - new Manager?

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
And that's another part of this story... not that many of these managers were sacked. Zola resigned after a run of 9 or 10 games without a win.

And to keep it on track with the original post, Marco Silva most definitely was sacked.

H T B

Site Supporter
Remember when George Graham went to Spurs.
They wouldn’t sing his name, it was “the man in the great (or grey) coats blue n white army.”

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Not over the moon about it. Not because he's ex-Liverpool (we've had plenty of their players) but because he's too defensive. It even got boring under Ancelotti & before him, Allardyce & Koeman. We need some entertainment & if results don't go our way, Goodison will be more toxic than ever.

Disgusted with the banners & all that though. Show some class, you morons.

Robwooly

This appointment could be a year late if fans are back, there were plenty of teams and managers who benefitted last season from having no undermining from the stands. West Ham, Newcastle......etc

Rafa knows the challenge of taking a club he called small and turning the fans round, they have got a good fixture list to start, so if results are good most could be placated but it will make things worse if they don't get off to a flyer.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Although he did OK at Newcastle I would say his success and popularity was more based on his willingness to take on Mike Ashley than on the results and style of football he played. Unfortunately I didn't get to see many games live under Rafa as I had been sent on my missionary work to Wales by the time he came around so opportunities to attend SJP were limited but when I did see them live the only difference I can say between the way Rafa played and the way Bruce played is under Rafa the team seemed to be far better organised with each player knowing exactly what his role was, this is not always the case under Bruce. If I were an Everton fan looking to see some exciting attacking football then I think I will be disappointed in what Rafa will bring, however he will bring organisation and attention to detail which will make Everton an efficient unit, it might not be pretty but it might be effective.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Although he did OK at Newcastle I would say his success and popularity was more based on his willingness to take on Mike Ashley than on the results and style of football he played. Unfortunately I didn't get to see many games live under Rafa as I had been sent on my missionary work to Wales by the time he came around so opportunities to attend SJP were limited but when I did see them live the only difference I can say between the way Rafa played and the way Bruce played is under Rafa the team seemed to be far better organised with each player knowing exactly what his role was, this is not always the case under Bruce. If I were an Everton fan looking to see some exciting attacking football then I think I will be disappointed in what Rafa will bring, however he will bring organisation and attention to detail which will make Everton an efficient unit, it might not be pretty but it might be effective.
I went to a few games under Rafa leadership.
Some fans loved him
Some fans didn’t.
He got results but the play was ultra defensive.
Not much different with Bruce apart from more don’t like Bruce.
Still say covid saved his job