Everton - new Manager?

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Off we go again. I do hope that Moyes is appointed with Dunc as his assistant with the caveat that Moyes will have the power to clear the deadwood from the club.

Apart from the playing squad I am sure that there are a number of the staff that need to go too, from Board level down. Until this is done Everton will continue to flounder and any new Manager, however brilliant they are, will be undermined.

I hope I'm wrong but I fear Moyes will not be chosen because he knows where the chaff is at the club. I am still to be convinced that Mr Brands is a positive., some good signings but some incredible dross and very expensive dross.

So who will it be?

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Can't see Moyes leaving West Ham and European football to go back to Everton.
On the face of it Peter nor do I but there are several factors which may influence his decision were Everton to approach him.

If West Ham fare poorly next season he would get little loyalty from the owners, whereas Kenwright and he have an ongoing love affair! Secondly I believe Mr Moyes still has his family home in the North West.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
That's just put them back another two years. Part of me thinks i couldn't see where they were heading with a mixed bag of results recently, but part of me thinks they weren't at least slipping away any further. Be a good place for an Eddie Howe to take a step up the pressure ladder.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I would be equally delighted but just feel that with Moyes and Dunc they could really sort out the problems together.
I'd be happy with Nuno. Thought he had wolves playing decent football.
I wouldn't mind Dunc but I think he'd have trouble attracting big names. Brands would end up with total control over transfers

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
I'd be happy with Nuno. Thought he had wolves playing decent football.
I wouldn't mind Dunc but I think he'd have trouble attracting big names. Brands would end up with total control over transfers
Agreed and I think Nuno would be a great choice under normal circumstances. I just feel Everton as a club need a proper shake up first. Moysie managed with discipline for 11 years and it seems that all the subsequent Managers have ultimately been undermined by a combination of certain players and staff. Rather like a school which has great, but strict teachers, who are then replaced with supply teachers...

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Well Moyes has signed a new three year contract at West Ham and Nuno is not getting the Palace job due to his demands.

Robwooly

The Palace job sounds a nightmare, Wilf want's out (again) and there are so many players out of contract. Roy got them punching above their weight each season avoiding relegation worries. Any new manager has really tough job there, similar with Spurs and Kane wanting out. Out of all the managerless teams Everton looks the best option for a new manager as they are almost there but not quite.

Going to be quite a few new managers on the scene this coming season and that's not counting the four Watford will get through :)

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Palace job sounds a nightmare, Wilf want's out (again) and there are so many players out of contract. Roy got them punching above their weight each season avoiding relegation worries. Any new manager has really tough job there, similar with Spurs and Kane wanting out. Out of all the managerless teams Everton looks the best option for a new manager as they are almost there but not quite.

Going to be quite a few new managers on the scene this coming season and that's not counting the four Watford will get through :)
There's no two ways about it, Watford have had their fair share of managers over the past decade. Every now and again, it gets a bit dull hearing everyone going on about it, so as a Nottingham based Watford fan, I did some research at Christmas. These were the first two clubs I looked at and I don't recall ever hearing anything about their 'hire and fire' merry-go-round. No idea about other clubs, but it's interesting.... (the start date, if you happened to wonder, is when the Pozzo family bought Watford).
_nc_ohc=kpEc05_PhXkAX-gMfoK&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.jpg

Robwooly

You've been to work there Yuccaman, as a fellow 'Orn my comments were more in dismay at how the last year went in the prem, four managers in one season does show the Pozzos didn't get that right at all. You gotta have a laugh about it though as before they took over we had three sided stadium and were so in debt we were passing buckets round the Vic to raise funds. Looking forward to next season and actually going to a game to be honest, if we end up getting through another four managers I'm just going to have a laugh about it, it's only football.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Think i am right in saying that Zola had the best win percentage of all of them (Watford managers), so not just a results business therefore, bizarrely.