Evening all,,, first pole help me settle my mind

Cuprajake

Hey guys,

First post here.

Im slowly getting back into angling since covid has stopped me playing any hockey :(

Ive always liked to use rod and real, but we did a day ticket on a local water, took my 8yr old boy and the club loaned him an elasticated whip, what a great tool. Well that got me thinking...i bought a very cheap £30 garbolino 4m and tried it this week, and i do like it.

From reading. A margin pole will be most forgiving, i dont fish far always been an off the reeds kinda guys

Budget is 200 ish,

Ive seen the
Preston response
Preston edge
Sensas 1005
Diawa
Shimano

But some recommend the middy muscle tech 6m with add on sections, and this sounds like a beast

I live in the north west so couple visits to partridge, and then the local water with smaller carp

Whats a good go to?

Cheers jake

drw

Site Supporter
welcome to the forum I would look at the top kit package with the pole and cost of additional top kits ! I’m sure more advise will be along soon good luck

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hey guys,

First post here.

Im slowly getting back into angling since covid has stopped me playing any hockey :(

Ive always liked to use rod and real, but we did a day ticket on a local water, took my 8yr old boy and the club loaned him an elasticated whip, what a great tool. Well that got me thinking...i bought a very cheap £30 garbolino 4m and tried it this week, and i do like it.

From reading. A margin pole will be most forgiving, i dont fish far always been an off the reeds kinda guys

Budget is 200 ish,

Ive seen the
Preston response
Preston edge
Sensas 1005
Diawa
Shimano

But some recommend the middy muscle tech 6m with add on sections, and this sounds like a beast

I live in the north west so couple visits to partridge, and then the local water with smaller carp

Whats a good go to?

Cheers jake
I can vouch for tri cast margin poles absolutely brilliant ,you would have to look at second hand ones . If you can find one in good condition you will be able to land virtually anything with the right elastic and line . You can add topkits as most come with 2 or 3 . They are light and strong and pretty straight and using one for years im just blown away how good they are. Another choice would be a browning xitan another brilliant margin pole but again you would have look for a second hand one ,both poles are around 9m standard but you can buy extensions.

Cuprajake

Ive read the tricast is amazing. Im very wary of buying used with a pole for some reason,

Ive also seen the middy muscle 600 recommend, but most of these we have mentioned are out of stock everywhere

robert d

Site Supporter
Ive read the tricast is amazing. Im very wary of buying used with a pole for some reason,

Ive also seen the middy muscle 600 recommend, but most of these we have mentioned are out of stock everywhere
The tri cast are amazing ,i dont know about the others as i havent used them . If you do buy second hand you would need to check every section .

robert d

Site Supporter
The tri cast are amazing ,i dont know about the others as i havent used them . If you do buy second hand you would need to check every section .
The browning xitan is in stock at bobco tackle but its £350 quite a bit over budget but is very good

robert d

Site Supporter
The browning xitan is in stock at bobco tackle but its £350 quite a bit over budget but is very goodFaster, easier, eBay

It's all in the app.

View

Skip to main content

My eBayShopping basketOpen menu

eBaySporting GoodsFishing EquipmentFishing RodsFishing Poles

5/5

Tricast 24K XRS Power Margin Pole 9m

£171.00+ £20.00 postage

11 bids |

Ends in 6d 13h

Est. delivery Thu, 20 Aug

100% positive Feedback

Place bid

Watch

Similar sponsored items

Last one

Matrix MTX Margin 8.7m Pole *New 2019* - Free Delivery

£299.50

Free P&P

Last one

8m NGT Quickfish Margin Pole Ready 18 Elastic Fitted 14 Carp Pole Rigs & Roller

£67.02

Free P&P

Seller 99.9% positive

Map TKS 801 3G 16.0m Pole Match Competition Coarse Fishing Pole

£109.71

P&P:+ £9.95 P&P

Seller 99.9% positive

Banshee NEW 6 Metre Fishing Margin Pole Elastic Rating 16-20

£29.99

Free P&P

Seller 99.5% positive

8m Quickfish Margin Pole Ready 16 Elastic Fitted 14 Carp Pole Rigs & Roller

£67.02

Free P&P

Seller 99.9% positive

8m Quickfish Margin Pole Ready 18 Elastic Fitted 14 Carp Pole Rigs & Roller

£67.92

Free P&P

Seller 99.9% positive

WSB Telescopic Whips 4m 5m 6m Fishing Tackle & Accessories,Pole Fishing, Margin

£14.99

Free P&P

Seller 100.0% positive

Fox Matrix MTX 8.7m Margin Pole Package NEW Coarse Fishing Pole

£299.99

Free P&P

Seller 99.8% positive

Tricast - Protectapole Nose Cones - Club Range

£3.00

P&P:+ £1.75 P&P

Seller 100.0% positive

8m Quickfish Margin Pole Ready 12 Elastic Fitted 14 Carp Pole Rigs & Roller

£67.02

Free P&P

Seller 99.9% positive

8m Quickfish Margin Pole Ready 10 Elastic Fitted 14 Carp Pole Rigs & Roller

£67.02

Free P&P

Seller 99.9% positive

8m Quickfish Margin Pole Ready 14 Elastic Fitted 14 Carp Pole Rigs & Roller

£67.02

Free P&P

Seller 99.9% positive

Explore more sponsored options

Shakespeare Take Apart Pole Fishing Pole With Elastic Fitted

£44.95

Free P&P

Popular

Daiwa Power Carp X Poles *All Models* NEW Carp Fishing Poles

£162.00

Free P&P

About this item

Condition

Used

Quantity

1 available

robert d

Site Supporter
The tricast xrs looks a bargain on the bay ,they are superb and your protected on the bay if its not as described . Hope that helps

nejohn

Site Supporter
Tri-cast margin poles are absolutely brilliant and in my opinion are probably the best you can buy but this quality does not come cheap so by the time you buy elastic, bungs bushes etc a good package with extention and a few top kits will probably be £600+ unless of course you go down the secondhand route (that XRS for £171 looks very good value) but you need to be careful when buying secondhand make sure you inspect every section very carefully for repairs, cracks and damage and put all of the joints together to confirm the fit properly with no rattles etc and if buying online make sure that the seller has a returns option. If you do not want the trouble of a second hand item then the Preston edge monster looks good at less than £200, a guy uses one at our club water and it does look a good bit of kit, I personally have an XRS and a Daiwa Yank n Bank while the Daiwa can not compete with the Tri-cast it is still a very nice pole and is good value for money, mine is now probably about 8-10 years old so not sure what the new ones are like.

Last edited:

robert d

Site Supporter
Tri-cast margin poles are absolutely brilliant and in my opinion are probably the best you can buy but this quality does not come cheap so by the time you buy elastic, bungs bushes etc a good package with extention and a few top kits will probably be £600+ unless of course you go down the secondhand route (that XRS for £171 looks very good value) but you need to be careful when buying secondhand make sure you inspect every section very carefully for repairs, cracks and damage and put all of the joints together to confirm the fit properly with no rattles etc and if buying online make sure that the seller has a returns option. If you do not want the trouble of a second hand item then the Preston edge monster looks good at less than £200, a guy uses one at our club water and it does look a good bit of kit, I personally have an XRS and a Daiwa Yank n Bank while the Daiwa can not compete with the Tri-cast it is still a very nice pole and is good value for money, mine is now probably about 8-10 years old so not sure what the new ones are like.
Id forgot to mention my brother has a beastmaster and hes had it for years ,another good value for money pole .

Cuprajake

so i bit the bullet and went edge master, fully set up for £160 del

thats with two different hollow elastics and dacron conectors too

id looked at so many, and with the stock levels, i just got it haha

Cuprajake

yeah, rung ians fishing and spoke to ian about poles,

i could of gone more expensive, for sure...think at the sub 200 there all there or there abouts,

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Hey guys,

First post here.

Budget is 200 ish,

Ive seen the
Preston response
Preston edge
Sensas 1005
Diawa
Shimano

Whats a good go to?

Cheers jake
Go to Leigh Tackle and Bait, they will sort you out, tell them what you are looking for and possible budget.
Have a look at the new Daiwa power carp as well, I think it starts at 9 metres upto 13cmetres

Cuprajake

Yeah, its a step up from my old plastic box,
But its due an upgrade it is 24yrs old? As is my landing net, and that was used back then

Anyone recommend a good budget landing net.

Me and the father in law are fishing lanehead of whitworth angling this sunday,

SeanB

Site Supporter
Is that the Westlake box? If so they seem a decent box for the price.

Cuprajake

Yeah west lake, was 129 reduced to 99 online, and seen as it was the last one, but on display they knocked 20% off so cant grumble for 79.99