EVA Bait Tubs

bigmac1

Been looking at getting some eva bait tubs. Specifically ones with zip up lids so I can keep maggots dry when it's raining and stop my micro's drying out when it's warm.
I've seen the guru one's but I'm not sure whether you get a plastic bait tub that fits inside the outer eva box or you just get the eva outer.
What do other MDer's use?

PAB

Site Supporter
what are the benefits over a covenantal bait tub?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I have the Matrix one, for me it's just easier to prepare all my baits beforehand, pop it in the top of the carryall, straight out of the carryall onto the side tray un-zip sorted. It's the same with cleaning afterwards all together and it takes up less space than lots of bait tubs that I might not use. The only downside is the individual bait tubs inside don't have lids so you have to make sure it's kept level in transit otherwise maggots can go everywhere inside the Eva Bait case / carrier, but for everything else it works for me.

bigmac1

what are the benefits over a covenantal bait tub?
I think it might be easier to flip the lid back over after you've got your bait out rather than clipping the traditional bait box lid on and off every time

bigmac1

I have the Matrix one, for me it's just easier to prepare all my baits beforehand, pop it in the top of the carryall, straight out of the carryall onto the side tray un-zip sorted. It's the same with cleaning afterwards all together and it takes up less space than lots of bait tubs that I might not use. The only downside is the individual bait tubs inside don't have lids so you have to make sure it's kept level in transit otherwise maggots can go everywhere inside the Eva Bait case / carrier, but for everything else it works for me.
That's why I was looking more at the individual type rather than the bigger multi compartment type

Scribe

Site Supporter
@bigmac1 Ahh see what you mean for inert non-wriggly baits it's not a problem and if I put it in a flat space in the car I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem either, unless it's me just taking the corners too quick......:unsure::whistle::whistle::D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Surely it's just another thing to lug around with you?

Gwillim

Personally I was looking at them in replacement of bait boxes rather than having bait boxes inside them, the Guru ones as others are washable so for pellets, paste, meat and basically anything that's not alive I can have them on the table next to me and not have to keep putting lids back on to keep the drizzle/rain out (after all I live in Wales lol) this is probably not the intention of the manufacturers but hey who cares about that :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

bigmac1

@bigmac1 Ahh see what you mean for inert non-wriggly baits it's not a problem and if I put it in a flat space in the car I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem either, unless it's me just taking the corners too quick......:unsure::whistle::whistle::D
I'm sure it's not just you taking the corners too quickly ?

bigmac1

Surely it's just another thing to lug around with you?
I totally get your point Dave, I'm sure we all carry far to much stuff, but I think if it has benefits like keeping your bait in good condition during the session then it's worth it

bigmac1

Personally I was looking at them in replacement of bait boxes rather than having bait boxes inside them, the Guru ones as others are washable so for pellets, paste, meat and basically anything that's not alive I can have them on the table next to me and not have to keep putting lids back on to keep the drizzle/rain out (after all I live in Wales lol) this is probably not the intention of the manufacturers but hey who cares about that :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Are they rigid enough on there own without a bait tub inside?

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Dave not much difference weight-wise, just keeps all the bait together and I'm less likely to forget and leave a tub of bait of at home too.

@bigmac1 I would say so yes it maintains it's shape when empty.

Gwillim

Are they rigid enough on there own without a bait tub inside?

Yes mate they hold their own shape as Scribe says and they are washable so you can even turn them inside out to wash them thoroughly, for me its also because of arthritis in my hands so they don't work so well in the colder months (although mine aren't as bad as many others) with having to keep taking lids on and off of boxes so having a zip and a lid that I can just flop down on top rather than having to keep clip lids back on so they don't blow away etc so like I say it may not be what the manufacturer intended but there we go, also can stick a baitbox with maggots in there and leave the lid off or worms etc and again I don't have to put the lids on and off :) (y)

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
The Mosella bait system is the best there is. Just bought one, already have a Map one but the Mosella is something else altogether. Quality bits of kit ??