European super league

H T B

Site Supporter
Ha Ha - No more big six b*llocks.

Here's hoping.
Premier league have said they are taking their time, as regards, what sort of punishment these clubs should face.
Let's hope they don't leave it too long in the hope people will forget.

With the signed ESL contracts, they may find a double punishment.

Serves the ****ers right.

A 170 page document isn't something that happens overnight!

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Would like to see them put down a league. Just to see what sky do

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Relegate us/them. Most of the owners won't know the difference between the championship or champions league, just tell them it's happening and being called the championship, everyone's a winner.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Luton and Darlington got relegated for a lot less, three or four divisions in Darlo's case I think.
Can't see it happening to any of these though, but here's hoping.
Have a nasty feeling it will just be slapped wrists , an affordable fine, and lots of meaningless waffle about "lessons learned"

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
What I hope is a result of this is a tightening of rules. Any rule change needs 14 out of the 20 Premier League clubs to agree. How very convenient :)

Hopefully they will write something in along the lines of joining (or attempting to join?) any form of breakaway league will result in immediate removal from the Premier League.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
What happens when the big six go down and stay down for example. A new big six emerges, made up of the next 6 'richest' teams?

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
The 'Big 6' has always been a relatively transient thing. Go back a couple of decades and Man City were in what's now League One - the arrogance of saying that no-one else should have their journey does my nut in. On form, Leicester are surely more worthy of being a 'big 6' club than Arsenal or Tottenham over the last 5 years - I'd be mighty peed off at this idea if I was a Leicester fan.

spc123

Getting a bit bored with football trying to take the moral high ground on this. Football sold its soul years ago; premier league, sky tv, games any time but Saturday at 3, dodgy owners, dodgy sponsors, players wages, ticket prices and endless replica kits

let’s face it if this has gone ahead most players would have signed on the dotted line and plenty of fans would have bought tickets to the games.

all very strange though. Can’t believe all these billionaires and successful business men did not foresee this. I cannot believe there is not a plan B and a longer term game plan. Could still be very interesting

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Good luck to them, we then are left with ones who want to play football in England, owners leaving and following the money and a level playing field league, bring that on any day.