Eurobasket Phase II (First round of Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
The first round of Phase II games were completed over the last two days. The results from phase one were carried into this section of the tournament but any points scored against teams eliminated in Phase I are removed.

No real shocks last night (Phase II day 2) Lithuania beat the 2003 bronze medalists Italy to remain unbeaten, Slovenia hammered Turkey, also to remain 100% while France got back to winning ways in beating Germany.

One big surprise on the first night of Phase I saw qualifiers Israel beat Croatia, a team that in its previous game had turned over hosts and current World champions Spain. For their part, in a repeat of the last World Championships final, Spain returned to winning ways inflicting a second successive defeat on European Champions Greece who now find themselves in real danger of not making the Q. Finals. Russia stay top of this group, maintaining their 100% record with an easy win over Portugal.

Group 1
Portugal 65 78 Russia
Israel 80 75 Croatia
Spain 76 58 Greece

Group 2
France 78 66 Germany
Italy 74 79 Lithuania
Turkey 51 66 Slovenia

Last edited:

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
Sarunas Jasikevicius is without doubt my favorite, he now plays in the NBA and missed international duty for a while but is back now where he belongs, leading the Lithuanian national team. He is an important player because he talks all the way through the game and gets the best from the roster around him. He is carrying a couple of injuries, knee and groin, but is still the leading player for assists in this years Euro Basket.

slf

NUFC
for me dirk nawitski in the euro champs and probably in nba. he leads the dallas mavericks brilliantly and he is carrying germany as well.

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
He is a powerful player and he is having a good Euro Basket (leading point scorer thus far), dont think the Germans will get further than the Q. Finals though. Are you watching any of the games? Spains defeat to Croatia was a cracker!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.