Euro 2020 Game - just a bit of fun

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
This is the potential downside of too many picking teams from the same group... not to mention the natural variation of performance. But... what would I know?m (Go Denmark).

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Today's table. Now that everyone has played two games we're starting to see a picture emerge.

But this could all change quickly.

1624136073705.png

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I thought Germany Hungary would be all one way traffic... how wrong I was

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Lots of strange results tonight... thought Germany were out, but not quite.

Latest table:

1624482491186.png

Currently averaging 2.5 goals per game, which would mean 128 by the end of the tournament if it stays at the same rate.

Robwooly

Currently averaging 2.5 goals per game, which would mean 128 by the end of the tournament if it stays at the same rate.
Typical, I'm bang on for that, that really cheers me up after taking the (stupid) punt on Scotland :LOL:

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Typical, I'm bang on for that, that really cheers me up after taking the (stupid) punt on Scotland :LOL:
It's far from over - some good teams are guaranteed to go out next round with Belgium v Portugal and England v Germany having the potential to make big changes to the table.

Wales v Denmark would also make a big difference as well.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
For those that are interested, the optimum team selection at this point would have been:

Belgium or Italy (37)
Netherlands (38)
Sweden (27) (which no one selected)
Wales (16)

Giving a total of 118 points.

Of course that will all change in the coming rounds.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Latest table after yesterday's games

@Dogbert still leading, but plenty of time for things to get mixed up.

All teams from pot 4 have now been eliminated, with Belgium v Portugal today guaranteeing another fancied team to go.

1624779494464.png

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I make it 100 goals so far with an average of 2.50 per game. If scoring continues at this rate we should see about 128 goals in total.

I'd expect there to be less goals per game going forward as the game get tighter, but we'll see what happens.

Another website says 104 - I will go back and check the results line by line... watch this space.

*** Updated scores

The correct figure is 104 goals so far, 2.55 per game, giving a total goal estimate of 133 at the current run rate. Apologies for the confusion. This does not impact the table though - these team scores were correct, only the secondary table I use to track total goals had not been updated for a couple of late goals in some games.

Last edited: