Euro 2020 Game - just a bit of fun

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
With Euro 2020 nearly upon us, here is a chance to show your sporting prowess by making a few team selections for the competition.

It's very simple:

Pick four teams that you think will do well in the competition - but you must pick one from each of the original qualifying pots.

1623229814142.png

Try and choose a combination that no one else has already selected.

Points are scored as follows:
  • 10 points for winning a game
  • 3 points for a draw
  • 1 point per goal scored in normal or extra time (goals scored in penalty shoot outs do not count)
Whoever has the most points by the end of the competition wins.

Tiebreaker - in the event of a tie please also include your prediction for the total number of goals in the competition, closest will win. (There are 51 games in total.)

Closing time for entries is when the first game kicks off on Friday.

Post your selections below and I will keep track of the scores and post regular updates.

This is just for fun (i.e. no prize for the winner) but if someone wants to donate a prize then please let me know.

Happy picking

Mods; feel free to move this to the football thread if you like, but I was concerned it might get missed in there.
Can someone donate a Air z pro 😇

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
With Euro 2020 nearly upon us, here is a chance to show your sporting prowess by making a few team selections for the competition.

It's very simple:

Pick four teams that you think will do well in the competition - but you must pick one from each of the original qualifying pots.

1623229814142.png

Try and choose a combination that no one else has already selected.

Points are scored as follows:
  • 10 points for winning a game
  • 3 points for a draw
  • 1 point per goal scored in normal or extra time (goals scored in penalty shoot outs do not count)
Whoever has the most points by the end of the competition wins.

Tiebreaker - in the event of a tie please also include your prediction for the total number of goals in the competition, closest will win. (There are 51 games in total.)

Closing time for entries is when the first game kicks off on Friday.

Post your selections below and I will keep track of the scores and post regular updates.

This is just for fun (i.e. no prize for the winner) but if someone wants to donate a prize then please let me know.

Happy picking

Mods; feel free to move this to the football thread if you like, but I was concerned it might get missed in there.
Germans... Croatia. Portugal and Slovakia. 130 Goals.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Germany
France
Portugal
Hungary
137 Goals
Hi Peter

62tucker has already picked that combination - do you want to stick with it or pick something else?

Also, those teams are all in the same qualifying group (F) which guarantees at least one team wont progress.

Here are the teams again this time listed by pot and group. The shaded teams have not yet been selected by anyone.

1623308587644.png

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Peter

62tucker has already picked that combination - do you want to stick with it or pick something else?

Also, those teams are all in the same qualifying group (F) which guarantees at least one team wont progress.

Here are the teams again this time listed by pot and group. The shaded teams have not yet been selected by anyone.

1623308587644.png

Germany
France
Portugal
Scotland
137 Goals :upthumb:

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
18 entries now:

1623320786991.png

According to the BBC pundits today, they are mostly fancying France to win...

1623320879878.png

Interestingly, you could select all four semifinalists from last time (Germany, France, Portugal, Wales)... but so far nobody has

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Benzema knee problem, mind you they are strong throughout. More favouring France going further over Germany from that group too i see, which matches the current odds.

Re the above, wish they had asked Ian Wright, love him, just like a mate in the pub watching it he is and he would have said England too. Give me optimists over realists before the tournament, plenty of time yet for reality to kick in, which is usually after the first game when it comes to Euros and England.

Last edited:

Robwooly

Giroud has been in the press moaning that Mbappe doesn't pass to him but I'd take that over our prep which involved two shadow team friendlies and division caused rightly or wrongly by those taking a knee and those booing.

Will we (England) look back at this in a week or so and say that was coming or will we be pleasantly surprised, here's hoping for the latter but I'm not optimistic.