Estate lakes in Notts/Lincs

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowder

Is there any decent estate lakes for Tench & Crucians around the nottingham and lincolnshire area, On a day ticket of course.

Cheers

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
not really an estate lake, but i have a local, near sleaford that teems with tench and crusians....

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I will watch this carefully....never managed to find one [:(] Only day ticket estate lake I can think of is Belvoir castle. Big bream, but not sure about crucians and tench

schueyace

Woodlands waters at Ancaster is full of tench and bream not seen any crucians though.i used to fish a small pond at wilsford that was full of crucians but dont think you can fish it now,theres smeatons at newark for tench,there not estate lakes but there arnt many of them about now.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by Yuccaman

I will watch this carefully....never managed to find one [:(] Only day ticket estate lake I can think of is Belvoir castle. Big bream, but not sure about crucians and tench

will take you to mine match if you fancy it sometime..

big stoo

hello
are you talking about fiddlers cc? nice tench to 4lb in there, and crucians to a 1lb, the best crucian fishing was at wilsford, really hate that its not fishable anymore,

RUDDLES

hardwick hall junction 29 off m1 2 big lakes good tench fishing on a day ticket its shut till june 16th though

crowder

Originally posted by schueyace

Woodlands waters at Ancaster is full of tench and bream not seen any crucians though.i used to fish a small pond at wilsford that was full of crucians but dont think you can fish it now,theres smeatons at newark for tench,there not estate lakes but there arnt many of them about now.

Fished woodland and there is plenty of crucians in it mate, and Smeatons is my regular fishing place, had my PB tench, Perch and Bream out of there[8D]

schueyace

Hi Crowder,ive not seen the crucians in woodland water but its nice to know there there,i know theres some good fish in smeatons a friend had a double figure tench out the carp lake and i know theres loads of good tench and bream in the finger ponds but it can be hard going,only thing that puts me off fishing there is the gate times,ok if you want to do an overnighter but if you just want a day session then not so good.

crowder

Originally posted by schueyace

Hi Crowder,ive not seen the crucians in woodland water but its nice to know there there,i know theres some good fish in smeatons a friend had a double figure tench out the carp lake and i know theres loads of good tench and bream in the finger ponds but it can be hard going,only thing that puts me off fishing there is the gate times,ok if you want to do an overnighter but if you just want a day session then not so good.

Yeah, my parents have a caravan there in storage. im off down there in about half an hour[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.