Environment Agency and Angling Trust welcome lifting of restrictions on recreational fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you've got a day ticket and a bailiff asks to see that and your rod licence are you going to give him grief on the bank over the rod licence yet show your day ticket? I very much doubt it unless you don't have a rod licence that is

Have you got one?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
They have the right to ask, but unless it's an EA bailiff, they don't have the right to demand seeing your licence any more than they do demand seeing your driving licence.

Your licence is an official government document - anyone who thinks they have the right to view it with their MS Word made, epson printed, laminated 'official' looking document with their picture pritsticked on to it, must be living in a delusional world of power and fantasy.

Beware those who jump on new powers to exercise their own.

That's under normal circumstances, not the pickle we're in at the moment. The reason they have been given the power is to ease the the pressure from the EA, although they will still be giving support to those bailiffs if required.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
If it's in the T&C's of club or syndicate membership that the club bailiff has the right to ask for an EA licence, then they can do so.
In the clubs/syndicate I am in refusal to show a licence when asked or by a date after the event loses your membership.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I applied for my licence yesterday and the only proof of purchase that I need until the actual licence arrives is the licence number.

If our water bailiffs ask to see your licence, you need to show them:

1. Proof of your licence: print out this email or make a note of your licence number
  2. Proof of your identity, such as your driver’s licence or other photo ID.

Nobody other an actual EA bailiff would be able to check that the licence number is valid since they are the only people with access to the database.
So if anybody else wants to see it they'll have to wait until the Royal Mail decide to deliver it

Simon