Enjoyable session with my son.

Silver fan 82

So today I took my six year old son and ten year old nephew out for a couple of hours on a local lake.
I set them both up on whips, one had a 3 meter, the other a two meter.
Tactics were simple, rugby ball style pole floats, simple strung out shotting fishing corn over loose fed hemp.
They both caught a few roach of a few ounces but my son caught two Crucians literally feet from the bank.
His face was an absolute picture and by the bend in his little two meter whip you would have thought he had hooked a right lump!
A really fun session, nothing complicated tactics wise.
I was dubious about taking both of them together as I thought it may have been too much but they were both quite focused and they both enjoyed themselves.
Here is the slightly bigger Crucian of the day
IMG_20210717_122106.jpg

Silver fan 82

Fabulous mate 😃 Great fun seeing the nippers getting a good taste of angling.
Yeah it's fantastic mate.
My son has been with me quite a few times before but hasn't been keen to go at all really this year. I don't like to push it on him too much. So it was great to see him catch, especially the Crucians, his first ever Crucians which he was hoping for when I told him they were in the pond.
Was also great to see them both watching the dragonflies.
The nippers are the future of the sport.

Truly

Site Supporter
Just the job (y) (y) making memories that last a lifetime.
My son and nephew are now in their 40s but often remember our fishing trips. A couple of overnight camping/fishing trips, with fried egg sandwiches for breakfast, just magic.
They still rib me about when I got things wrong though.
Make the most of it, and above all enjoy (y)(y).

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just the job (y) (y) making memories that last a lifetime.
My son and nephew are now in their 40s but often remember our fishing trips. A couple of overnight camping/fishing trips, with fried egg sandwiches for breakfast, just magic.
They still rib me about when I got things wrong though.
Make the most of it, and above all enjoy (y)(y).
Still sounds good to this day does that. Think I’ll do that myself. Fried egg sarnies outside a bivvy. Mmmmmm. 😋😋

tincatim

Site Supporter
Nice one, a good little session for the lads. I’m a little bit jealous, my lad really isn’t into fishing at all. I took him once and he caught a few roach, perch and a big rudd of about a pound. But he didn’t really enjoy it and has shown no interest since.

Silver fan 82

Nice one, a good little session for the lads. I’m a little bit jealous, my lad really isn’t into fishing at all. I took him once and he caught a few roach, perch and a big rudd of about a pound. But he didn’t really enjoy it and has shown no interest since.
TBH mate, my son has lost a bit of interest. He has been keen the last two years maybe. He always looses interest once the winter gets here which I guess is understandable but has shown very little interest this spring / summer.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
TBH mate, my son has lost a bit of interest. He has been keen the last two years maybe. He always looses interest once the winter gets here which I guess is understandable but has shown very little interest this spring / summer.
He’s still very young mate he might yet take to it as his understanding grows. I was first taken fishing at 7 but had no proper interest until I was 11.

Silver fan 82

He’s still very young mate he might yet take to it as his understanding grows. I was first taken fishing at 7 but had no proper interest until I was 11.
Oh yeah definitely mate. I would obviously be chuffed if he did take up fishing as he gets older but then it's not for everyone. I think I was about eleven when I first went with mates. My Dad was never into fishing.

TRFC2000

Site Supporter
The only fond memories I have with my dad is when fishing I help run a local juniors fishing club its so hard work but to see thier face when the catch is magic well done silver fan 👏

MikeT Amman

Site Supporter
So today I took my six year old son and ten year old nephew out for a couple of hours on a local lake.
I set them both up on whips, one had a 3 meter, the other a two meter.
Tactics were simple, rugby ball style pole floats, simple strung out shotting fishing corn over loose fed hemp.
They both caught a few roach of a few ounces but my son caught two Crucians literally feet from the bank.
His face was an absolute picture and by the bend in his little two meter whip you would have thought he had hooked a right lump!
A really fun session, nothing complicated tactics wise.
I was dubious about taking both of them together as I thought it may have been too much but they were both quite focused and they both enjoyed themselves.
Here is the slightly bigger Crucian of the day
IMG_20210717_122106.jpg
He looks chuffed mate. Lovely little fish