England V Wales now on ITV

rudd

Site Supporter
And the pundits said it:
Why cant a few thousand people sit in a stadium and watch football as opposed to a pub?

Because 30 or so people in a pub in groups of six dont need security/first aid and transport to/from ground etc.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Still worries me how now 5 players even felt they could push their luck under Gareth's apparent strict new regime. Mind you it would seem that the consequences are down to who you are and not based on any consistency. See Jose got his way too, no Kane.

To be honest, surprised the game even got a mention, most players prefer club over country, along with the fans and with the above going on, i might start to join that majority.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
They should not be picked now for 5 years.
If they can't show respect to their manager, team mates and country then we don't want them.

nejohn

Site Supporter
The 1st thing that should happen being as though they have admitted to breaking the law is they should be fined as all it is doing is saying to everyone else is that it doesn't really matter and to just carry on as if no restrictions are in place.
Secondly I think Mr Southgate should apologise to Jack Greslish given that 1 month ago he said there were better players in his position and he didn't want to pick him. Yet he created more chances in 70 minutes than these better players managed between them in 180 minutes.
As for the match, England were by far the better side and scored 3 good goals however the opposition was nothing to write home about but you can only beat what is put in front of you.
Unfortunately as per usual I could not celebrate any goals etc as with any sporting event between England and Wales, Wales will always be the winners, England might score more goals/points but Wales will still win and be the better side they were just unlucky or the officials were terrible.
Last time I celebrated and England win Kathy hardly spoke to me for a week. Unlike when Wales win then she is jumping around like a lunatic. Apparently only the Welsh are passionate about their national team and only the Welsh national team is patriotic

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Thinks its the level of perceived arrogance on our (Englands) part, in that despite reality sometimes we rarely see ourselves as an underdog going into any game. So on top of the historical reasons, the other home nations are just waiting for us to lose games and thrive on it when we do.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
We don't perceive ourselves as underdogs because it reality we aren't.
You ask any of the other countries managers who they don't want to play and we will always feature strongly.
We continually go deep into most tournaments but just falter at the key time,go to pens or as seen a few times now - really bad official decisions.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Thinks its the level of perceived arrogance on our (Englands) part, in that despite reality sometimes we rarely see ourselves as an underdog going into any game. So on top of the historical reasons, the other home nations are just waiting for us to lose games and thrive on it when we do.
A lot of it with the Welsh is the traditional English rugby supporter is perceived as being public school educated with a posh accent the type that in general even the majority of English people do not like due to a high degree of arrogance in many of these people. In wales I often get told I am not like the English and I don't count as being English anyway as I come from County Durham... They don't understand that I am just as proud of being English as they are of being Welsh

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Looks like two must win matches left after tonights shambles,mind you I still couldn't see how it was a penalty.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
It's hard to play when it's ten men against twelve and we're handicapped by our own manager.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Harry MaGuire has justified the Challenge saying he was Defending his Sister.

Last edited:

rudd

Site Supporter
Southgates bubble has burst as club managers move the goalposts!

Northantslad

'Any indications?
It's hard to play when it's ten men against twelve and we're handicapped by our own manager.

Jose done a good job of managing Kane for England.
Southgate/FA done a shocking job of being consistent with discipline.
Felt the last few games has seen too much chopping and changing.

Mind you, tough when you beat the no'1 team in the world and still get stick, because of how you beat them. But then typical of England to not then practically secure 1st in the group with a draw then needed in the Belgium return, by losing to a lesser side. Never a pen granted, but we looked very average and disjointed nonetheless.

nejohn

Site Supporter
My issues with Southgate is he is far to negative, always seems to want 2 defensive midfielders sat in front of 3 centre backs that can't defend, he can't accept that just maybe he doesn't have the players available to play the way he wants. He maybe better playing a couple of centre backs that can defend and read the game plus a defensive mid field player with then, then have another defensive midfield player sat in front of them and that would release a mid field slot for a more attacking midfielder to occupy and that in turn would help link the play throughout the whole team. I watched Declan Rice on Wednesday night and thoughout the whole game he only made one forward pass.... Its not rugby ffs. Also his substitutions are not great he often just makes a like for like change and then wonders why the way the team are playing doesn't change

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The fact he wouldn't start Grealish tells you all you need to know and that the mentality in how we play just won't change.

IMO we missed Stirling more than some would like to accept.