13. Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire) - NO
14. Michael Yardy (Sussex) - NO

that team is going to get a hammering.

NO = WHY THE HELL ARE THEY IN TEH TEAM.... [:(]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
What is wrong with Mascarenhaus. Who are the better all rounders who are available, and I reckon they want him to bat number 8? Bopara, Flintoff are both unfit. Ealham and Irani are a bit past it.

Michael Yardy of Sussex did well the last time he played, bats number three or four and can bowl off cutters and spin if required. Going in back in years I used to umpire for the team Michaels father, Howard, played for, Battle. When he was young Michael always had a bat in his hand. Jonathan Trott is a good player, and can score runs very quickly.

I am not sure about Plunkett and Shah, I think Solanki should have been given a shot, scoring lots of runs for Worcestershire in all forms of the game.

16Ewasko

A long overdue call-up to the England side for Dimi.
He has been consistent for Hampshire for 7 or 8 years in both forms of the game and he thoroughly deserves this call up as he is as good as anyone in the country.
He's a great lower-order hitter, bowls a tidy line and length, and give 100% in the field.

Bill G

Grandad
hey maggot im not surprised you dont agree with the squad cos there is no lincolnshire players in there[:D]

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
Its mad that solanki hasnt been given a place, probably the most on form limited overs batsman in county cricket at the moment.

Plunkett has to be a no no considering his accuracy problems at the moment.

I would also like to have seen a couple of the younger lads get a call up, chopra? Maybe even have a punt on that James Harris, handfull of game sure but everybody whos seen him reckons hes real class and I think it would be good to try and start a lad at 17 rather than 26 for once.

Last edited:

Mark274

Cowboy
Originally posted by Notts Breamer

It looks very experimental to me.

It needs to be, the tried and tested method hasn't worked for the last 15 years at least.

Nice to see some (but not enough) younger players in the squad.

Plunkett should be left out of any England squad until he can bowl consistantly.

Broad deserves a chance, he is a decent county player. Ok he hasn't got the experience yet but with the coaching available at the top level he could be one of our best bowlers for a long time.

Yardy was consistant in the county games last season so deserves a chance.

Useless

You'll be telling me next Michael Vaughan should still be in the team.

Our one day team is on a par with Bangladesh and Ireland so what's wrong with being 'experimental'? Mind you, now the Sarf Afrikaan anti-christ has been given the boot things are bound to improve. Although the lack of up and coming fast bowlers on the county circuit suggests it might take a while before we're up there challenging the likes of Australia and Sri Lanka.

Status
Not open for further replies.