England/Euros

62tucker

Site Supporter
Scotland not talking the knee. Be interesting when England play them.
and a lot of the Scottish players take the knee in premier league matches

H T B

Site Supporter
The meaning of “taking the knee” in my eyes, has changed several times since it first started.
To the point that the message given out by tv commentators seems different each time.
The BLM movement has shown itself to bas innocent as some would like.
Maybe it’s time for either removing the “take the knee” and replacing it with a stand of solidarity, or removing it completely as it seems to antagonise many if you do, and many if you don’t.
Also, there appears an increase in racial prejudice on social media, are the 2 linked?

in 2 months football albeing well, will be back with full crowds. Decisions have to be made, else it’s going to get messy!

Robwooly

Do you remember when we used to watch sports and only cared about the colour of the shirts? Now we focus on the colour of the skin.

Well done BLM for highlighting those differences :rolleyes:

I really hope a tournament of good football breaks through all the politics and propaganda

david white

Site Supporter
Do you remember when we used to watch sports and only cared about the colour of the shirts? Now we focus on the colour of the skin.

Well done BLM for highlighting those differences :rolleyes:

I really hope a tournament of good football breaks through all the politics and propaganda
I really hope for a tournament of good football with politics and propaganda dumped in the bin where it ought to be
life’s far to busy with ‘ do this ‘ or ‘ don’t do that ‘ and ‘ he’s this ‘ or ‘ he’s got that ‘ to turn the tv on just to watch a proper game of football ain’t too much to ask is it ?

Reuben

Site Supporter
As long as they batter the sweatys I am not really bothered.
I’m heading to the local pub to watch the match. Cricket box & stab vest a must have…..but it just has to be done! I may just give them a couple of verses of ‘Swing Low’ as well……it’s not like I want to live forever anyway 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
No Grealish to start...

Very poor decision.

I suppose we're in for another defensive masterclass.

david white

Site Supporter
I hope I’m very wrong but I’ve got a feeling that Southgate is more concerned about the overall result than going out to play football across the park and go for the win, it’s as if we’ll we mustn’t lose no matter what

or a bit like watching Doctor Who when you were a kid it’s either behind closed fingers over you eyes or from behind the settee

We’re doomed I tell you doomed ..........

nejohn

Site Supporter
Not a fan of sterling, I think he is very overrated, yes he is quick but his final ball and his decision making in general are very poor. In a way it is ok playing for Man City as they create a good few chances so he can afford to cock a shed load up but at international level you have to make chances count so I don't feel you can accommodate the wastefulness that Sterling brings to the table

H T B

Site Supporter
I’d make 2 changes at half time
Grealish and Shaw on
Sterling and Walker off

squimp

Site Supporter
Not a fan of sterling, I think he is very overrated, yes he is quick but his final ball and his decision making in general are very poor. In a way it is ok playing for Man City as they create a good few chances so he can afford to cock a shed load up but at international level you have to make chances count so I don't feel you can accommodate the wastefulness that Sterling brings to the table
Sterling is rubbish !

1-0

H T B

Site Supporter
Sterling should have had a hat trick !
First time we have won the first game in the Euros
After a long season , in very warm conditions
Well played England