England/Euros

Reuben

Site Supporter
It was a friendly & meant nothing in real terms - calm yourselves. Christ, I can imagine you lot if England had actually lost the game........

david white

Site Supporter
It was a friendly & meant nothing in real terms - calm yourselves. Christ, I can imagine you lot if England had actually lost the game........
The way they played last night and the ‘ squad selection as it stands ‘ you might not have to imagine too long 😀
( I really really hope I’m wrong ! )

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The only semis going on will be the Jocks when they park the bus and stop us from playing football

Reuben

Site Supporter
End of the day England aren’t the best team in Europe by some distance. So why does anyone think they’ll win the competition? I would like to see us winning it but I don’t think we will based on the the first sentence.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I am being negative because I think we are to nieve and predictable to win a major tournament, everyone knows exactly how England are going to play and adapts their game to suit. We seem incapable of doing similar and just bang on with the same approach to all games, we certainly don't know what to do when a team parks the bus, we keep passing it around in front of them looking for an opening, this is exactly what they want us to do, it allows their defenders to face us and play the ball in the direction they are facing. We need to mix it up and get down the flanks to the by line so the defenders are facing their goal then it is so much more difficult to defend as they have to either put the ball out for a corner or try to turn and that is when mistakes are made.

H T B

Site Supporter
Add Mount and Foden to that team last night, scoring goals won’t be the problem

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Had the household bets.

Lad- Portugal, what he knows beyond Ronaldo is beyond me
Me-Germany, they are cyclic and been quiet for a while
The combined bet when i suggested one- France
Mrs-England, i know.....been there don't worry....

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
If I was a betting man it would be France for me. Ngolo hasn't got a Euro's Gold Medal............yet. ;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Another grind of a game of minimal value and as for Henderson, having not played for three and a half months, he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I really must be missing something with Rashford at the moment,just don't see that he can justify his hype at the top level.
Calvert Lewin should be in as he is a handful and I can see Grealish not starting and being replaced by a misfiring Stirling.
Even in a wide open Euros this is already looking precarious

david white

Site Supporter
I don’t know about spurs looking for a manager ( and more than a handful of other clubs ) but on the last two England games, the highly dubious squad selections regarding fitness and recent actual laying in a match times I think there will be shedloads of English football fans crying in to their beers over the next few weeks and as a consequence baying for Southgates blood

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Before the Croatia game, i would ask Grealish about how Villa combatted the Liverpool press that evening and show the video of the game.
We can learn alot from that Croatia Semi. A team that presses you with half of their outfield players leaves just the other half behind them. We talk about these ball players and players that can play, but that game came down to ensuring you complete a basic in any game and at any level- win your 50-50s. We rightly went longer and wider and over the press but won very little when it then came to man to man, hence we couldn't exploit their commiting of players pressing us.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
" i would ask Grealish about how Villa combatted the Liverpool press that evening"

Was his answer " I don't worry about it, it's always somebody else's fault"
:ROFLMAO:

62tucker

Site Supporter
Croatia are not taking the knee on Sunday game against England.
So that be the news and not the game itself 🤯

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
It's difficult to know which England will turn up at the Euros - we've had so many experiments in friendlies I dont know what will work.

As a Villa fan I just want to see Grealish get a chance to play.

I don't mind if we don't progress all that far as long as we give a good account of ourselves and it doesn't end in one defensive mire of negativity.

david white

Site Supporter
Croatia are not taking the knee on Sunday game against England.
So that be the news and not the game itself 🤯
Whilst I can understand the whole BLM and equally ALM counter ‘ movements ‘ I openly take my hat off to Croatia as I don’t see their proposed stance as any reflection or snub against any colour, race, creed or party ( political or otherwise )
I see it as an act of good old COMMON-SENSE the football pitch is the place for a game of football not the stage for acts of statement or intent