England Euro 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

millreef

my little lad wants the flags out for the euros cant seee them being out long enuff for them to get weather beaten,if only hed been around for gazza and go wat a tournament and atmosphere

H T B

Site Supporter
Originally posted by dstev

Lampard out, my god it's going to be an embarrassment...

At least we don't have to see the embarrassment of Lampard and Gerrard not playing together in the same team![:)]

dstev

Dave
Originally posted by H T B

Lampard out, my god it's going to be an embarrassment...

At least we don't have to see the embarrassment of Lampard and Gerrard not playing together in the same team![:)]

Id rather Gerrard be injured tthough, Lampards had a much better season. There was nearly a bonus for us all though, there was a moment today where we thought Walcott might be out injured! [:D]

pole addict

Just watched most of the England V Belgium game.

Oh dear oh dear....who thinks we have a chance in the Euro's?

Dogsbody

Two wins from two at international level is hardly poor.

Not exiting, no flair but not poor, defence looked solid from the outset and even when cahill left after what would in a competitve fixture be a borderline red card offence, (definite chance of skull fracture in that challenge from Mertens)our defence still looked solid and again when Jagielka was introduced so all is pretty sound at the back.

Central mid Gerrard had a very good game with plenty of tackles, interceptions and passes. Parker was a let down for me he needs to learn to stand up, too many missed tackles where he anded up with his backside on the turf. Ashley young quieter last night, Welbeck did well as did the very unlucky no to score Defoe. Rooney looked off the pace, possibly because it was freindly, but he might not be a shoe in after the ban expires if we do well in the first two.

This is Hodgson looking to the future and using this tournament to give experience to a few younger lads.

Dont expect to win but they will be very hard to beat.

dstev

Dave
Cahill out and Martin Kelly as replacement. Has Hodgson lost the plot already!?

ANOTHER Liverpool failure before Micah Richards or Rio Ferdinand. Oh dear oh dear.....

H T B

Site Supporter

ANOTHER Liverpool failure before Micah Richards or Rio Ferdinand. Oh dear oh dear.....
Martin Kelly is a better player than G Johnson.
Micah Ricahrds didn't want to go on the reserve list.
Rio hasn't played much football in 12 months.
Stop reading the Sun!

dstev

Dave
Originally posted by H T B

Martin Kelly is a better player than G Johnson.
Micah Ricahrds didn't want to go on the reserve list.
Rio hasn't played much football in 12 months.
Stop reading the Sun!

Martin Kelly may be better, but he didn't come in as a right back. Give me Rio's experience any day over an inexperienced central defender.

davylad

Site Supporter
What do some of you pessimists think now, I'm not daft enough to think we can win it but they haven't done too bad in a decent group? The main problem we have in this country regarding soccer, is the simple fact that there isn't enough world class players to pick from. The team are always going to be up against it when they face the big guns of the world, it doesn't stop you competing though and instead of criticising people should back whoever gets picked. The manager like most of the others before him will almost certainly end up being sacked, but you never know one day we may get eleven players to come through together again just like the 1966 era. Mind you they even sacked Sir Alf Ramsey so what chance has anyone else got?

H T B

Site Supporter
So far, I think the quarters have been a bit of a let down.
Apart from 10 minutes of Greek pressure, the losing side have just laid down and died.

The Spain v Fance game was booooorrrrrring!
(Mind you, if the Italians want to lay down tonight, I won't complain ;))

dstev

Dave
Well what a pathetic effort from the England boys tonight. Very disappointing and we have a HUGE amount of work to do for the World Cup 2014.

Luckyphil

Agreed, some good performances at the back but a bunch of sadsacks up front. Young didn't even look at the goal when taking his penalty.

andrewm

Account Locked
We will never do anything until someone can get a hold of the ball and dictate the game is bloody obvious , keep the ball and tire the opposition think Jack Wiltshire could be that one , and as for Ashley Young what a ****in disgrace followed by Rooney, what I will put out there is how can we be so tired and no energy, apart fro chasing shadows what do they actually do in training fitness wise ?

dstev

Dave
How the hell is Rooney considered one of the world great's? He is very average and compounded this with a pretty dire couple of performances. Hodgson is the same as any previous manager - too frightened to drop any of the so called big players. Can't believe Welbeck came off instead of Rooney.

Last edited:

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
siamo arrivati,abbiamo visto, siamo fottuti.

Last edited:

andrewm

Account Locked
Couldn't agree more well beck should of stayed on , Carroll played well when he came on, Rooney should of been on bench as per first two games, but it wouldn't matter as we can't get a hold of the ball and hold it
To many egos listening to there agents and how good they are

crowder

Originally posted by andrewm

We will never do anything until someone can get a hold of the ball and dictate the game is bloody obvious , keep the ball and tire the opposition think Jack Wiltshire could be that one , and as for Ashley Young what a ****in disgrace followed by Rooney, what I will put out there is how can we be so tired and no energy, apart fro chasing shadows what do they actually do in training fitness wise ?

Don't you mean Jack Wilshere?

Status
Not open for further replies.